TRI GLIDE AIR FILTER QUESTION

Dave - can you tell us more about your trike? Is it stock or does it have aftermarket exhaust, engine mods, etc? My twin cam ran really hot also. The only solution I found was adding a tuner. They run way too lean from the factory especially with engine mods thrown into the mix.

its all stock, I thought about getting a K&N air cleaner for it

An aftermarket air filter that flows better will likely make it run hotter. It is the nature of twin cam stock tunes. My suggestion is to try an oil cooler. If that doesn’t help then a tuner is your next option. Both will let you add an air filter and exhaust, or cams…

I like the Ventilator air cleaner, there are other similar ones as well, look at Fuelmoto and DK Customs and Harley-Davidson websites. I run a Ventilator, I like the looks. More flow will help cool it a bit.

If the heat is coming off the exhaust pipe , DEI makes an insulating wrap that goes under the heat shield and helps. I did miss me on my 21 and the heat shields are much much cooler!

put exhaust wrap on yesterday, went to start it and the battery was dead, charged it for 2 hours, still dead, off to Orelllys to get a new battery, battery is dated 6-12-20 so I guess 4 years out of it aint bad

There are several companies that make air cleaners that are more low profile that may help. Does your air cleaner still have the heads venting into them, that could be a source of heat. A freer flowing air cleaner will keep the cover somewhat cooler.

There are several companies that make air cleaners that are more low profile that may help. Does your air cleaner still have the heads venting into them, that could be a source of heat. A freer flowing air cleaner will keep the cover somewhat cooler.
I ordered a new air cleaner that is a lower profile and is more ope,n supposed to be here on Monday

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back