Tri Glide security system

I'm having a bit of trouble with my security system on my 2022 trike.

Today I moved it without the keys being present and didn't start it. My question is

shouldn't the flashers have gone off because they didn't. I could get

them to flash by bouncing up and down on the floorboard but they

would flash twice and shut off. I'm not sure how they're supposed to

work on a trike, my limited would flash for what seemed to be 5 minutes.

I don't want to go into the dealer and ask them to check it if nothing is wrong.

No fob and didn't enter pin.

Did you turn on the ignition switch? ...If i turn on the switch with out the FOB the red light will flash very fast and a message will scroll `Enter code...

Also if you move the trike 'Again without the FOB and ignition switch on it will flash the lights twice and dash will go blank..Thats normal at least with my 2019...

I Forgot...How Do You See The Code Used ???

First you have to have a working FOB present, see below

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]If you have your key fob, you can change or view your PIN. Here's how to do it:[/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]1. With your fob present, turn the ignition key ON with the handlebar kill switch in the off position.[/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]2. Cycle the kill switch as follows: Run, Off, Run, Off, Run[/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]3. Press the left turn signal two times. (You will see "ENTER PIN")[/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]4. Press the right turn signal one time.[/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]*At this point, you should see your current PIN with the first digit flashing*[/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]To change your PIN, you must change it one digit at a time.[/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]5. Use the left turn signal to cycle through the numbers 1-9 until you have selected your desired first digit of your new PIN. [/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]6. Press the right turn signal to move to the next digit in the PIN number, and use the left turn signal to cycle through the numbers once more until your desired digit is entered.[/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]7. Repeat for all five digits of the PIN number. [/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]8. Once you have entered the last digit, cycle the kill switch to the OFF position, which will take you back to the standard display, and your new PIN will be set![/FONT]

[FONT=var(--font-family-base)]

[/FONT]

I'm having a bit of trouble with my security system on my 2022 trike.

Today I moved it without the keys being present and didn't start it. My question is

shouldn't the flashers have gone off because they didn't. I could get

them to flash by bouncing up and down on the floorboard but they

would flash twice and shut off. I'm not sure how they're supposed to

work on a trike, my limited would flash for what seemed to be 5 minutes.

I don't want to go into the dealer and ask them to check it if nothing is wrong.

I don't think your trike is fitted with an alarm. I have a 2018 and it does just what you described. I think the actual alarm is an "add on" item. I have the shop manual and it describes an alarm unit under the seat, but there isn't one there.

I don't think your trike is fitted with an alarm. I have a 2018 and it does just what you described. I think the actual alarm is an "add on" item. I have the shop manual and it describes an alarm unit under the seat, but there isn't one there.

Yep......The Alarm is a dealer installed option....But i though i read somewhere that it might be factory installed on the CVO Models .??......

Security alarm.

Yep......The Alarm is a dealer installed option....But i though i read somewhere that it might be factory installed on the CVO Models .??......

That is true. The CVO models have the "Chirp" alarm as part of the package. You can enable/disable the chirp as well. Instructions are in the owner's manual.

Michael.

Nothing is wrong. Both my 2018 and my 2020 TG do the same. It takes quite a bit to set the alarm off. On non-CVO models there is no siren just flashing lights. If you shake the handlebars from side to side several times you should get the alarm to go off and the lights to flash longer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back