Tire Noise???

Feb 25, 2012
Ontario, NY USA
Getting a whirling type noise from my new TG. Seems to be speed related as opposed to RPM's, and coming from the rear end. Can't isolate it to anything in particular. Wondering if it could be from the rear tires or wind related. I would appreciate hearing if anyone else gets this or if you have any ideas what may be causing it.

Getting a whirling type noise from my new TG. Seems to be speed related as opposed to RPM's, and coming from the rear end. Can't isolate it to anything in particular. Wondering if it could be from the rear tires or wind related. I would appreciate hearing if anyone else gets this or if you have any ideas what may be causing it.

I get the same noise:Shrug: Sounds like the noise an alternator makes in some cars, [11 T/G] But it doesn't bother me i have almost 9 thousand miles on the Tri, It's just one of the many noises a bike makes, I just ignore it.
But that's just me, I tend to do that a lot:Trike1:

I have an 2011 also.i have what sometimes sounds like topend noise,sometimes not!I too have a lil over 9000 miles on it,maybe when & if it brakes i'll figure it out! haha

When I hear whirling, I've believed it to be the automatic tensioner for the primary chain.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back