Steering is too hard on 2010 goldwing with roadsmith conversion

Aug 16, 2022
Florence
Steering is too hard on 2010 goldwing with roadsmith conversion

I am new to a trike and the steering I think is way too hard roadsmith raked front when it was triked bike only has 7000 miles on it have tried different tire pressure and air sup.ride but has not done a lot of good, any suggestions. I have rode 2 wheelers since 1967 don't think I am going to like riding trike.

Jimmy a slight possibility that the steering stem was over torqued. The torque should be 40lbs. One test is slightly lift the front so front tire can just swing but not higher. Pull it all the way in one direction. Let go and see if it swings. It should swing back most of the way in the other direction. If it does not move or moves less than back to Stright I would bet on the over tightened stem.

I am new to a trike and the steering I think is way too hard roadsmith raked front when it was triked bike only has 7000 miles on it have tried different tire pressure and air sup.ride but has not done a lot of good, any suggestions. I have rode 2 wheelers since 1967 don't think I am going to like riding trike.

how many degrees in the tree?

Easie fix

Call Randy and have him get you a 6% rake KIT:cool:

We haven't heard anything more from the poster............ How did you make out with the hard steer'n on your trike??? and what did you do to help out with your problem or concern??

I sure there's many other's on this board that would be interested in learn'n or try'n, cause they also have the same problem(s)

Ronnie

9/23/22

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back