How much less effort will rake be on my steering 21 TG

Notgrownup

650+ Posts
Oct 27, 2021
Snow Hill NC USA
I am seriously thinking of adding rake kit to my 21 Tri Glide. How much easier will it be to steer? Doesn’t seem like a bad investment. I have searched and read a bunch of posts about it including here. You would think it would come already raked a bit more.

Last edited:
I will tell you - such will make a world of difference.

Years ago, we raked our 1989 Wing that had a MotorTrike kit. Wife road this and she handled it with ease.

When I converted our 2021 Ultra, we added an 11deg rake. Friend of ours purchased a new TriGlide - he asked about my conversion - so, he took the opportunity to ride it around the block. Almost immediately, he noticed just how difference my trike handled with the rake vs the TriGlide.

Hard to put it in words but I had mine done after hitting a deer with the original front end on my 2017 Tri Glide.
I would not go back after having it done as it has made the ride and steering that much better.
I also have the 2+2 Wide bars so between the 2 it all adds up to much better steering.

The labor was the worst part so if you can do it yourself it would be that much better.

Bob

I am seriously thinking of adding rake kit to my 21 Tri Glide. How much easier will it be to steer? Doesn’t seem like a bad investment. I have searched and read a bunch of posts about it including here. You would think it would come already raked a bit more.
Maurice I added rake that I purchased from Papa Zook to my 2013 TRI Glide and it made a real difference. Several hours worth of work but worth it. And it's not difficult if you are used to turning a wrench. Contact Papa Zook see if he has one for sale.

As soon as I pay for my current upgrades I probably will and yes I would be installing myself as I’m pretty handy. Sounds like a good rainy day project. Thanks y’all

I have to space out my purchases. I buy them with 6 months same as cash so I don’t take the hit all at once. Sounds like it might be a winter project. Christmas money

I had Zook do mine when we were in Tx. Nite & day diff 100% better,,

I have the 5.5% rake kit on my Roadsmith TRIKE........It's better than sex! (at my age I really have no idea what sex is anymore) BUT I "still" know what ride'n my TRIKE feels like......yeeee haaaaa!!

Ronnie
5/23/24

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back