starting a 2014 in gear

Or it could be something added to the clutch lever keeping it from making the switch. I know folks like to add leather or tassels, these keep the lever from reaching its full motion.

Yeah, I put some Sac grips on mine & had to do some slack adjustments & I have to make sure to pull the lever all the way to the grip to start.
Those grips are thick tho ! Large grips + leather covered. I like a big grip !

The clutch / brake, start in gear situation is a 2014 thing. I stated that in my original post. I don't know why so many people are telling about other years?

People are just remarking about what they don't have to do that you have to do on the '14's.
Please excuse everyone.......
Have a nice day !:drama:

Well I read this thread yesterday so I actually went out to the garage today to make sure I hadn't missed anything and tried every combination of clutch and brake to try and start my 11 in gear. My 11 will only start in neutral. If it's in any gear it will not start.
Tried clutch in front brake on, tried clutch in rear brake on, tried clutch in both brakes on. If it's not in neutral it's not starting.
Dan

Well I read this thread yesterday so I actually went out to the garage today to make sure I hadn't missed anything and tried every combination of clutch and brake to try and start my 11 in gear. My 11 will only start in neutral. If it's in any gear it will not start.
Tried clutch in front brake on, tried clutch in rear brake on, tried clutch in both brakes on. If it's not in neutral it's not starting.
Dan

All of the bikes will start in gear up until the '14's. There is a switch in the clutch housing that controls the start "OK".
If the clutch lever isn't able to depress the switch, it can't start. Do you have anything on the grips or the lever like leather covers? All the electric start Harleys I have had were the same.:Trike1:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back