Slave cylinder question

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Aug 27, 2016
Des Moines IA US
Has anybody replaced their slave cylinder with a after market one like Aim, Rekluse and Mueller, if so which one and how do you like it. Have seen a few replies on other forums about aim wasn't working right but Aim took care of it. Haven't seen any about rekluse or mueller like I have with Aim. Just curious as I'm thinking of going to one of them for next year, maybe not sure yet.

Ok, tell me what you have and why you like it, I see there almost all the same price, I do see Aim comes with bleeder valve and the others don't you have to use the old one you took off, don't know why this is this way.

And if happy with the stock one say so, I don't like the friction point almost all the way out for one and I could change the lever I guess for this, not sure what lever to go with and if you have any suggestions on this please reply also.

All for now Trampas

Has anybody replaced their slave cylinder with a after market one like Aim, Rekluse and Mueller, if so which one and how do you like it. Have seen a few replies on other forums about aim wasn't working right but Aim took care of it. Haven't seen any about rekluse or mueller like I have with Aim. Just curious as I'm thinking of going to one of them for next year, maybe not sure yet.

Ok, tell me what you have and why you like it, I see there almost all the same price, I do see Aim comes with bleeder valve and the others don't you have to use the old one you took off, don't know why this is this way.

And if happy with the stock one say so, I don't like the friction point almost all the way out for one and I could change the lever I guess for this, not sure what lever to go with and if you have any suggestions on this please reply also.

All for now Trampas

If your 2018 clutch is like my 2017 was ? … An adjustable clutch lever solved the friction point problem..(For Me)…

I just (last week) had the Softbrake lever installed on my 2021 Tri. I've only used it on a half dozen rides, so far. Engagement is probably just a 1/4 to 1/2 in from the grip...quite a difference! I have small hands with short, stubby fingers ;). A little learning curve not to kill engine from a full stop, but I feel it's totally worth it.

No change to slave cylinder or hydraulics or cable...other than readjust the cable.

Bill

Last edited:
I have the Soft Brake levers on my 17 along with the stock cly and I am very happy with it. It has brought the friction point for the clutch to a reasonable point now.

Trampas - if all you are after is moving the engagement point closer it can be done easily with a new lever as has already been posted. If you also want to reduce the pull effort a new slave cylinder is the way to go. I went with the first gen AIM to accomplish both. They had problems with the piston seal leaking at first but fixed it with the next generations. Mine was replaced under warranty.

if you have a stock clutch all 3 slave cylinders will be fine. The AIM gives you a little less effort than Rekluse or Muller but they will give you slightly more disengagement (necessary for heavier clutches). Changing out the slave cylinder is not difficult and in my opinion worth the effort. I have a bad left hand so it was a game changer.

Good

I have the Rekluse slave cylinder installed on my 2020 TG. Very happy with the reduction of the pull force. I had the rekluse clutch installed earlier and when I got it back the clutch pull force was noticable stiffer. Later when I put the rekluse slave cylinder in, it reduced the pull by 1/2. Very satisfied. To top it off, it seemed way easier the pull compared to when the OEM clutch was installed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back