Roadsmith Part Number Detail as of 4/15/2014

Apr 8, 2011
Tx
Here's a PDF file of the Roadsmith Part Numbers for some of the kit parts:

If someone has Part Numbers for a different brand Post those up also, remember we're here to help each other not ignore each other..... hope these help when ordering, if you have a newer kit you might verify Part # with: Taylor Young / taylor@roadsmithtrikes.com he's always a very helpful person.

Attachments

• Roadsmith HT - HTS1800.pdf
    805.2 KB · Views: 368
Good job. Thanks!

Good job, Solid, that's a keeper. You're right about Taylor, quite helpful, just gotta ask the right question. Just curious, did you have a problem getting this pdf file ir was it readily available? Not that it matters much, almost impossible to work on these things unless you have a workable lift that will accommodate the beast.

Good job, Solid, that's a keeper. You're right about Taylor, quite helpful, just gotta ask the right question. Just curious, did you have a problem getting this pdf file ir was it readily available? Not that it matters much, almost impossible to work on these things unless you have a workable lift that will accommodate the beast.

I built the PDF after gathering all the information.... FYI

I use a K&L Full Trike Lift 2000# Air Lift, not Hydraulic a little to messy but same video:

http://www.klsupply.com/Video/LiftVi...eComboSet.aspx

After a stroke 3 years ago crawling around doesn't work, but I still enjoy working on bikes & trikes. It was my Xmas present to myself, had to many jack & lift combination thru the years that I used past their capacity. A few way past... but we do what we can with what we have, til we nearly kill ourselves if you know what I mean. This lift isn't for everyone I understand but it is the best safest product out there!! :pepper:

I built the PDF after gathering all the information.... FYI

I use a K&L Full Trike Lift 2000# Air Lift, not Hydraulic a little to messy but same video:

http://www.klsupply.com/Video/LiftVi...eComboSet.aspx

After a stroke 3 years ago crawling around doesn't work, but I still enjoy working on bikes & trikes. It was my Xmas present to myself, had to many jack & lift combination thru the years that I used past their capacity. A few way past... but we do what we can with what we have, til we nearly kill ourselves if you know what I mean. This lift isn't for everyone I understand but it is the best safest product out there!! :pepper:

Holy Smokes, Bob, big salute, greater respect for you and your abilities, and I might add, less for for RS. They should make this information available to every RS owner. Still appreciate Taylor, he's a good PR front man and helps where he can. Too bad I don't live closer to TX, I'd much rather pay you than the RS Trike shop 100 miles from me.

Yep, a little cooler here in FL if you can believe that. Heading out early tomorrow for Lake Lure NC, then probably to Alexandria VA, then back to Sevierville, TN, Easley, SC, Marietta GA, thenb home, visiting friends and flower sniffing. All packed, should be an interesting ride.

My 06 with a 2012 Road Smith has 5 lugs.
I lift mine with a 10,000 two post asymmetrical BenPak lift.

Attachments

• IMG_3873.JPG
    IMG_3873.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3868.JPG
    IMG_3868.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 114
I just (a few minutes ago) spoke with Taylor Young, and he said the part number for the brake pad was ECB DP 4105-OE - which per the importer in Las Vegas is not one of their numbers. (ECB said seems like someone got some numbers mixed up.)

Being confused, I was transferred to Dough, the co-owner of Roadsmith, and he said that a few years ago, Roadsmith tested the "yellowstuff" brake pads from EBC (Part number DP 4105R). This is NOT what they are selling now!! The Roadsmith recommend brake pad is the EBC Ultimax 2 Noise Free Formula, with P/N DP 105-OE (which is what I got from factory this June and I installed last week. [I added "Noise Free Formula" as that is what is on the box.]

Am disappointed with the "stopping power" of what I just put on, DP 105-OE. The ECB importer recommended to try the DP 105R. (By the way, Dough said that these pads caused much more dust.)

Changing pads is not a simple job, even with a shop full of equipment. I'm not going to try the DP 4105R just yet, but all this talk. . . . .

By the way the part list above in incorrect per Dough, for what it's worth.

Took my EBC Ultimax2 pads, furnished by Road Smith, to the installer in Daytona, he did the brake pad change out. The OEMs looked good, but glazed. The glaze on the OEMs could have been buffed out and they probably would have performed better. However, after they had been removed, no point in re-installing them, just put the EBCs in, which he did. The clips had to be modified just a bit, a little minor bend with needle nose to hold the pads in better, if lose they rattle. Cost $90 and change for labor. It ain't cheap.

I just (a few minutes ago) spoke with Taylor Young, and he said the part number for the brake pad was ECB DP 4105-OE - which per the importer in Las Vegas is not one of their numbers. (ECB said seems like someone got some numbers mixed up.)

Being confused, I was transferred to Dough, the co-owner of Roadsmith, and he said that a few years ago, Roadsmith tested the "yellowstuff" brake pads from EBC (Part number DP 4105R). This is NOT what they are selling now!! The Roadsmith recommend brake pad is the EBC Ultimax 2 Noise Free Formula, with P/N DP 105-OE (which is what I got from factory this June and I installed last week. [I added "Noise Free Formula" as that is what is on the box.]

Am disappointed with the "stopping power" of what I just put on, DP 105-OE. The ECB importer recommended to try the DP 105R. (By the way, Dough said that these pads caused much more dust.)

Changing pads is not a simple job, even with a shop full of equipment. I'm not going to try the DP 4105R just yet, but all this talk. . . . .

By the way the part list above in incorrect per Dough, for what it's worth.

His name would be Doug, he would be the owner and all the numbers I provided where from Roadsmith / please remember that Roadsmith and all other mfgrs. make rolling changes as new products come out. So what fits my 2003 GW with 2010 HT1800 kit may still fit your trike as they still use the same components with Roadsmith modifications to some numbers if they start using another Part Number..... And its EBC Pads and if no longer available from Roadsmith they are at a number of other places.. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ebc-dp4105r/overview/make/volkswagen/model/karmann-ghia

And they do work on some other trikes that also use VW / Porsche rotors ..... As I said always check for your year kit - numbers do change but not always for the best IE: Their new number pads.... I see very little dust with my EBC pads as it gets blown away and they are so good I got 2 extra sets for stock.... !!! :pepper:

You have the key, Bob, keep on trikin' and sharin'. That's a real fine lift you have there, you can do the job right. I kept searching, got the el cheapo rolling hydraulic jack from WalMart, works for the little stuff I can do. By the way, I recently price some coil over shocks that would work on my 2005 GW RS trike, from RaceTech, $$800, yikes. Still trying to smooth out that ride a bit. I've lowered the psi to 25 lbs, see how that works. I spoke to Doug Lindholm about it, he said it's the nature of the beast with the coil helpers to accommodate the additional weight and to prevent bottoming out, and to try the 25 psi.

Roadsmith and maybe others.... #00-9570-8 for 1969 VW Beetle Coil Over

11.25" Collapsed
16.75" Extended
5.5" Travel
1.9" Piston
700# Rated

another option is #49307 Gabriel Air Shocks.....

Progressive also has various models that will work......

Attachments

• 425-series_3.jpg
    425-series_3.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 86
  • shopping (1).jpg
    shopping (1).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 82
  • shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 140
Still have stock shocks at this time...... I like the Red Ones that have a threaded adjusters....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back