roadsmith need rear shocks

Nov 13, 2022
Metchen NJ USA
I found out that I need rear shocks because they're leaking fluid on my 2008 RS conversion, from a towing Fiasco that I had to replace the front shocks seals.

Has anybody done or replaced your shocks on the roadsmith trike??? I would like not to use the standard shocks that Road Smith sells, but maybe buy better ones without breaking the bank.

I saw one post with the Person replace his shocks but he also replaced the bushings which he made up. I'm not that handy nor had the tools and machine.

Any suggestions of what shocks I can put on with without too much trouble but better than what Road Smith sells >???

Again really appreciate it and thanks for the help

I found out that I need rear shocks because they're leaking fluid on my 2008 RS conversion, from a towing Fiasco that I had to replace the front shocks seals.

Has anybody done or replaced your shocks on the roadsmith trike??? I would like not to use the standard shocks that Road Smith sells, but maybe buy better ones without breaking the bank.

I saw one post with the Person replace his shocks but he also replaced the bushings which he made up. I'm not that handy nor had the tools and machine.

Any suggestions of what shocks I can put on with without too much trouble but better than what Road Smith sells >???

Again really appreciate it and thanks for the help

I'm all ears and listen'n for an answer myself

Ronnie

2/17/23

Got a friend here that replaced his with the Progressive shocks. Somehow I think they were the 944s.

The 412s would work too but were not as nice. Roadsmith should tell you if they will fit.

I saw that post from Solidbob with the Progressives 444 Coil Over Shocks. But he did take making some bushings on his lathe.

Even went to the website but they only mention all there shocks for the Harley Davidson running anywhere from $650 to $777. But never mention whether or not they would fit the Gold Wing.

Progressives mentioned the length of the shock, 11 1/2-in, a 12-in, and the 13 1/2-in. So I guess I would need the 13 1/2-in to keep the height 4-in off the ground.

Did talked to Road Smith, they said their shocks are better than anything that you can buy out there. But wouldn't give me any more information. Their shocks were about $139 for the pair.

I was hoping for shock something in the $300 to $400 range.
:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back