Roadsmith harley touring conversion

Aug 14, 2022
Naugatuck, CT
I am looking at different conversions for a Harley Road Glide Limited. my question is does the Roadsmith kit use the stock rear half of the frame and fender? I would like to use a drop seat kit, to get more "into the bike as opposed to on the bike"

Thanks

I am looking at different conversions for a Harley Road Glide Limited. my question is does the Roadsmith kit use the stock rear half of the frame and fender? I would like to use a drop seat kit, to get more "into the bike as opposed to on the bike"

Thanks

David.. Welcome to Trike Talk đź‘Ťđź‘Ť..

Thanks

Yes, I know they use the rear fender - but, they cut it.

Just had my Harley done with a Roadsmith Kit. They use the front half of the rear fender, they drop the swingarm and related hardware and then use reinforcing plates bolted to the existing frame. No other frame modifications are done. A person could basically reverse the process, buy a new fender and have a 2 wheeled motorcycle again. I doubt any trike conversion actually modifies the frame like what your looking for. They all from my research, just use a bolt on conversion.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back