Rear tire removal

Any tips or tricks to remove the rear tires off a 2016 Goldwing Roadsmith trike with independent suspension? I used the center plate jack location, it lifts the entire rear of the trike and does not allow the wheels to hang lower than the body. Am I missing something? I know that the tires is tightly tucked in there, so I’m not sure if there’s something else that I should be doing. Thanks in advance. Robert

Robert,

Although I have never removed a tire off my Roadsmith, I can only assume that all you have to do is to remove all lug nuts, and be sure to have the trike lifted high enough to just let tire drop down....

If there's a secret that I don't know ............... "I'm all ears"

Ronnie

1/16/22

So, after studying the situation more closely, I had to wiggle the wheel/tire side to side and up and down after clearing the studs and sliding the rear of the tire out of the wheel well first while rotating the front to the inside of the space and then pulling the wheel out at an angle ( it will rub the opening on the way out). Not exactly like removing a wheel off of a vehicle. Basically, the tire is 27 inches and the opening is about 25 inches, if that makes any sense. The suspension does not allow the wheel to drop anymore than a couple of inches so dropping it out the bottom is not an option. Going back on was just as tricky, but at least I know what to do the next time.

It depends what model of trike kit you have, On my Goldwing HTS1800 kit, jack the tire up a few inches off the ground, remove lug nuts. Tires come off like a car :clapping:

Thanks for letting me know, cause I plan on changing my "rears" this spring time before April 1st...............

My bike is still in garage up on jacks, covered over, with battery maintainer plugged in..... Temp in garage is a balmy 18* warm as we speak.....:flame::flame:

Ronnie

2/5/22

Brethren,

Be sure When Removing That Tire That You Support The Opposite Tire, Otherwise The Trike Will Tilt Sariptishlly Or Dangerously To The Opposite Side, Ask Me How I Know

Good suggestion here: thank you...........Now that you have mentioned this, YOUR RIGHT, The wheels are balanced, so once you remove one wheel, the weight will tip the whole trike..................Dang man , thank you, again.... :good:

Ronnie

2/12/22

lifting rear of roadsmith trike

place the jack to the far end of the center plate next to the bolt thats hanging just below and to easily remove the wheel twist so that the front or rear of the tire comes out first.

Joseph

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back