2015 FLRT right Rear tire wearing more than left tire

Red sport.

60+ Posts
Sep 12, 2019
winfield, Al. Usa
23,000 miles on stock Dunlop, wearing flat, wore looks like about half out L still looks new. running 26 psi. I have search & search to no avail for answers on my Bike went back as far 2012 all talked about what brand of tires & TG wearing on L But, no fix.

Want to hear from other Free Wheeler's 2022. Thanks in advance for replies

OH, they are the original tires. Want to replace because of age But, like to fix the problem. Harley dealer said they have to look at it. $$$.

23,000 miles on stock Dunlop, wearing flat, wore looks like about half out L still looks new. running 26 psi. I have search & search to no avail for answers on my Bike went back as far 2012 all talked about what brand of tires & TG wearing on L But, no fix.

OH, they are the original tires. Want to replace because of age But, like to fix the problem. Harley dealer said they have to look at it. $$$.

I could be way off base here, but remember that you have a differential in the rear. Maybe the right side is the primary drive side and, as such, is the one that gets the acceleration wear, whereas the left would not.....

I could be way off base here, but remember that you have a differential in the rear. Maybe the right side is the primary drive side and, as such, is the one that gets the acceleration wear, whereas the left would not.....

A friend had a 2015 Free Wheeler it did the same thing he put new tires (good year car tires) on it & ended up trading for a TG. don't know how many miles was on it.

The only/best way to know what’s going on with the tires is to have someone who knows what their looking at..Look at it up close and personal..!

1st Pic. is L 2nd is R the one that is wearing more running 26 PSI. 23,000 miles.

View attachment 110456View attachment 110457

The center tread on lower picture looks like overinflation wear

EDUtire-pressure_over-underinflation.png

I just checked my tread depth on stock Dunlops with 19K miles. My gauge readout is in 1/32s of an inch. Left tire reads 7 near center and 9 towards the side.

Right tire 6 center and 8 toward side. So both show 1/16” more wear in center. I always run 20psi.

Are the mfg dates the same for each tire?

I guess I always thought a right tire would wear more quickly on any vehicle with an “open” differential, but this is my first trike so maybe not. It would be interesting if others (with a depth gauge and more than 15,000 miles or so) would measure and compare. Helpful hint. I kept my phone handy while measuring in case I needed assistance getting back up.

I guess I always thought a right tire would wear more quickly on any vehicle with an “open” differential, but this is my first trike so maybe not. It would be interesting if others (with a depth gauge and more than 15,000 miles or so) would measure and compare. Helpful hint. I kept my phone handy while measuring in case I needed assistance getting back up.

Just checked mine. 2021 Freewheeler has 9/32" depth with a depth gauge on both rear tires at 16,500 miles.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back