Radio Issues

rocket1lf

450+ Posts
Dec 7, 2013
Hot Arizona, USA
I'm having a problem with my radio. The remote head does not have a readout on it all the time. It comes and goes. When it's off, the radio still works. The buttons still work, but there is nothing on the screen. This happened after I washed the trike. I doubt if there's any water in it as it's supposed to be sealed and with 115 degree weather for several days I would think if there was any, it would have dried up. Any suggestions? Thx Rick

I'm having a problem with my radio. The remote head does not have a readout on it all the time. It comes and goes. When it's off, the radio still works. The buttons still work, but there is nothing on the screen. This happened after I washed the trike. I doubt if there's any water in it as it's supposed to be sealed and with 115 degree weather for several days I would think if there was any, it would have dried up. Any suggestions? Thx Rick

I would pull out the front remote, disconnect the cables, clean and put back together then put electrical tape around the connection. I'd also unplug and replug the cable in the back of the radio a couple of times and see what happens.

Tomg

When it started not working, I pulled the tape off the two plugs behind the head and checked them. Both looked very clean and were tight. I'll have to check the one behind the radio. Are there any connections between the head and the radio or do the cords run all the way to the radio? Thx Rick

When it started not working, I pulled the tape off the two plugs behind the head and checked them. Both looked very clean and were tight. I'll have to check the one behind the radio. Are there any connections between the head and the radio or do the cords run all the way to the radio? Thx Rick

No just a long cable from front to back

Tomg

Thanks Tom. I checked it yesterday and today and it seems to be working fine now. May have been some leftover water somewhere. It was something with the display as everything except the display worked. It rained a lot on our 2000 mile trip and I didn't have any problems with it. Must of been the pressure washer. I didn't spray it very much in there, but it must of been too much. I will probably go for a long breakfast ride Saturday. I'll have to see if it stays working. It would only work for a couple of seconds and then go blank. Now I leave it on for several minutes and it's fine. Go figure. Rick

Thanks Tom. I checked it yesterday and today and it seems to be working fine now. May have been some leftover water somewhere. It was something with the display as everything except the display worked. It rained a lot on our 2000 mile trip and I didn't have any problems with it. Must of been the pressure washer. I didn't spray it very much in there, but it must of been too much. I will probably go for a long breakfast ride Saturday. I'll have to see if it stays working. It would only work for a couple of seconds and then go blank. Now I leave it on for several minutes and it's fine. Go figure. Rick

You list your city as "Hot Arizona" and I'll take the 100 there over the 90 here in Florida as your dry air is actually cooler than out humid air. I grew up in Chandler and was back there last in '10 when it was 104 in Sept and it felt like 80 here in Florida !!
Glad the remote is working for you.
Tomg

I'm just north of you a little in Fountain Hills. We're going to Tennessee in September to check out a place called Norris Lake just north of Knoxville. I have a feeling I won't like the humidity, but I'm ready to move near some water. Rick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back