Radio Panel

rocket1lf

450+ Posts
Dec 7, 2013
Hot Arizona, USA
I just got back from a trip to Colorado. 1460 miles and had to cut it short by two days. Hit rain, hail, sleet and snow. It was fun. Has anybody figured out a way to seal the radio head in the cockpit to keep the backside from getting wet and going out? It took two days to dry out and come back on this time. Thx Rick

Attachments

• Colorado 1.jpg
    Colorado 1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Colorado 2.jpg
    Colorado 2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 99
Hello

If i remember right there are 2 wires that come out the back of controller

I would find the connections and put dielectric grease on connectors

and see if that works:)

Dragon

Hello

If i remember right there are 2 wires that come out the back of controller

I would find the connections and put dielectric grease on connectors

and see if that works:)

Dragon

Good recommendation as I used it on my tail lights for my 2 wheelers but wrap tape around the connectors also! Tomg

Rick kind of wondering are you not using the replacement radio you posted about back in 2016? I actual install one of those and it works great. another plus on the replacement was you could get it with a USB and AUX port add on module. That also works great for plugging our tunes into.

Rick kind of wondering are you not using the replacement radio you posted about back in 2016? I actual install one of those and it works great. another plus on the replacement was you could get it with a USB and AUX port add on module. That also works great for plugging our tunes into.

No Ted, I never did. This one has been working until I got it wet again. There is a company out here that sells a coating to go on circuit boards. I'm going to talk with them and see if they have something I can spray on the back of the head. Rick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back