Please read and check your trikes!

For almost a month I have been looking for a squeak or chirping sound under my trike. I have had no luck in finding it. Makes a lot of noise, but as soon as I use the Pit Bull and put it up on 3 car ramps it stops making noise. Today while looking I found a much worse concern. As most people know the bottom of shock absorbers have a hole in them and a bolt goes through them into a bracket. Both bottom bolts on my CSC kit shock absorbers are inserted from the outward side of the trike with the nuts being put on from the inward side of the trike. What I saw today damn near gave me heart failure!! The threaded ends of the bolts have been rubbing against the bottom of my plastic auxiliary gas tank! Damn near rubbed through on both sides. That could have been about 8 gallons of gas going down onto my exhaust. A couple of weeks ago we went a couple hundred miles out of town. At Interstate speeds I don't think there would have been much left of us. If the bolts would have been installed with the nuts on the outward side there would be no problem, because then there is plenty of room. Hopefully I can remove the bolts and reinstall the other way without too much problem. As for the gas tank, I have no idea what to do. It looks like the body of the trike will have to be removed to replace the tank. The dealer that did it is about 175 miles away. I'm not driving it that far in this condition. I have a 2000SE GoldWing with a 2007 (?) CSC trike kit. Anyone having this setup should take a look under to see if they have the same condition that I have, no matter what brand they have. Tell anyone that might have this setup that doesn't come on these boards. I would post the photos I tried to take, but really don't know how.

Spirit Warrior before you removed the tank, if you can get to the area being that it has not worn through, why not just put a patch on top of the worn area? Make it big enough to go into the good area. No matter what it is made of you can find something to make a patch with. I patched my tank 2 years ago (primary metal tank) and have had no further issue.

Hey Spirit...............I'm in Racine also. Cozy Acres Rd. near Walmart. If you need some help with this let me know. I'll PM you my cell no.

This sounds to me like the installer put the bolts in wrong?
I would expect the installer to show up at my residense w/the appropriate needs to change out the tank with no charge.
Wonder how many others were put together that way?

Hey Spirit...............I'm in Racine also. Cozy Acres Rd. near Walmart. If you need some help with this let me know. I'll PM you my cell no.

There you go, Spirit...... and Joe knows how to post pictures, too, so he can show you in person :D.

Here's photo's of what Wally was talking about. Sorry it took so long to post them tonight.........

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank3.jpg

For almost a month I have been looking for a squeak or chirping sound under my trike. I have had no luck in finding it. Makes a lot of noise, but as soon as I use the Pit Bull and put it up on 3 car ramps it stops making noise. Today while looking I found a much worse concern. As most people know the bottom of shock absorbers have a hole in them and a bolt goes through them into a bracket. Both bottom bolts on my CSC kit shock absorbers are inserted from the outward side of the trike with the nuts being put on from the inward side of the trike. What I saw today damn near gave me heart failure!! The threaded ends of the bolts have been rubbing against the bottom of my plastic auxiliary gas tank! Damn near rubbed through on both sides. That could have been about 8 gallons of gas going down onto my exhaust. A couple of weeks ago we went a couple hundred miles out of town. At Interstate speeds I don't think there would have been much left of us. If the bolts would have been installed with the nuts on the outward side there would be no problem, because then there is plenty of room. Hopefully I can remove the bolts and reinstall the other way without too much problem. As for the gas tank, I have no idea what to do. It looks like the body of the trike will have to be removed to replace the tank. The dealer that did it is about 175 miles away. I'm not driving it that far in this condition. I have a 2000SE GoldWing with a 2007 (?) CSC trike kit. Anyone having this setup should take a look under to see if they have the same condition that I have, no matter what brand they have. Tell anyone that might have this setup that doesn't come on these boards. I would post the photos I tried to take, but really don't know how.

Your installer should cover the cost of every thing that was screwed up due to bad installation of trike kit.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back