Urgent Assistance Required – PLEASE – Cooling Hose Failure

I live in the UK and bought a CVO Tri Glide in September 2021. I love it. However, the radiator to engine outlet hose has failed and HD UK cannot source the hose anywhere within the UK and Europe, the HD part number is 26900114, it’s on back order without an expected delivery time. HD UK will not permit my dealer to source any part from the USA, which I found out after many emails from my dealer. I did have a conversation with John Bennet from Adamec HD, Jacksonville, Florida last week (we were on holiday in Florida), he was really helpful but needed my dealer to purchase the part and then he could courier it to the UK.

Can anyone buy the part for me and courier to the UK please?

I can and will cover the cost by bank transfer.

The reason for the urgency is as follows:

This year is our Golden Wedding Anniversary (9[SUP]th[/SUP] June – we were married in 1973) and we have 5 major holidays booked. On 28[SUP]th[/SUP] June (our 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] celebratory holiday) we should be travelling on the trike to Europe for an elongated visit returning on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] August. I have been planning this since September, not just places to visit but also the roads on which we want to travel – especially for the trike. It’s not meant to be a car trip.

This is why the part in needed urgently.

If you can also get the other hose, radiator to pump inlet, HD part number is 26900115 I will happily buy them both.

Apologies for a long winded post but I am getting desperate.

I will see if my dealer has them.

Also curious, when you were in Florida, were you at the dealership?

Yes, it was the last day of our holiday and we needed to travel to the airport and the dealership was a 4 hour drive away it would have been too much of a rush to get there and then to the airport. We only found out on that day that our dealership is not permitted to source parts from the US. My dealer provided me with the information of part availability in Florida. I rang them and spoke to John who stated that if my dealer bought the part from them he would courier it to the UK. I relayed this to my dealer who, on the last day of our holiday, replied that they were not permitted to source the part from the US.

Yes, it was the last day of our holiday and we needed to travel to the airport and the dealership was a 4 hour drive away it would have been too much of a rush to get there and then to the airport. We only found out on that day that our dealership is not permitted to source parts from the US. My dealer provided me with the information of part availability in Florida. I rang them and spoke to John who stated that if my dealer bought the part from them he would courier it to the UK. I relayed this to my dealer who, on the last day of our holiday, replied that they were not permitted to source the part from the US.

OK, will let you know if my dealer has them. Will stop by there today.

WTF is the matter with you? You think HD makes it's own hoses? You said this was an emergency.

Same here I would go to a auto parts store and find hose to match up, there got to be a heater hose of some car that can be cut to fit .

Checked my dealer today - they do not have either of them - he also checked three nearby dealers - none in stock in my area. Closest was Wisconsin (several hours from me).

Just as an FYI, my dealer, like others here, suggested you go to an auto parts store and get them.

Good luck

These coolant hoses can be matched up @ an auto parts store, Harley does not make them they would source them from a hose vendor, the hoses are nothing more than a preformed 1/2 inch heater hose

I would take the hoses in hand to an auto jobber and match them up, these hoses

should NOT void your warranty # 6 and 7

Medium

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back