OK Now i've done it 2005 GW

Apr 14, 2011
Great Bend, KS USA
I wanted to set the windscreen down just a little more. so I read owners manual it says.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]To lower: Move the windscreen up to the upper mark ( ), lower it all the way (to reset the ratchet mechanism), then raise it to the desired position.

OKAY raised to upper mark and it wont go down very solid feel.

What have I done and how to et it to go down.

Thanks

Jack

[/FONT]

If you released the locks on both sides, you should be able to lift up quickly and then you should be able to drop down to a lower position. Try rocking from side to side and forward and back ....... easy though !!!

If the above suggestions don't work, you may have ratchets that are fowled and stuck. You may have to remove some of the front mask area to get to them. It's not hard to do. The instructions for removing the windscreen is readily available on line. You shouldn't have to completely remove the shield, just expose the ratchets, lube and play with them a little. Most importantly, stuff rags in the dark holes around the mirrors or say goodbye to dropped fasteners forever. Good luck...... Jim

Thank you thank you

If you released the locks on both sides, you should be able to lift up quickly and then you should be able to drop down to a lower position. Try rocking from side to side and forward and back ....... easy though !!!

I done like you suggested then pushed down . Worked and I'm happy.

been messing with it all day.

thanks again

jack

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back