Miles on a Harley

Sep 1, 2011
Laurinburg NC
I`ve had 2 Harleys in the past and loved the way that they look and sound but had a lot of problems with them. I `ve had a gold wing now the last 2 years and so far it has been very reliable. Most wings will last 100,000 miles+.My question is how many miles do you have on your harley? Was wanting to see who had the most. My last harley got to 70,000 miles and was completely wore out. Reliability and durability are the 2 most important things in any vehicle i buy. I ride anywhere between 20 and 25K yearly. tks for any responses.

:wave4: Nearly 91,000.

ThumbUp Almost 8,000 after conversion,

pepper Still running very strong. Never had to do any major work on engine or tranny.

Attachment 9253

Hot Springs-Thermopolis, Wyoming 7-20-2013-A6.jpg

88,600 on my Softail when the speedo broke. Sold it 3 years later running great. 54,000 miles on the Dyna when I traded it in for the Ultra. 50,000+ miles on the Ultra when it was traded for the '11 trike. Our '09 trike has over 40,000 trouble free miles. Sorry you had problems. Two years trouble free isn't any big deal, is that 2 years and 2,000 miles or 2 years and 20,000 miles.

We have 57,000 on our '11 and it runs great. Just replaced the rear tires getting ready to head for Daytona. The only serious trouble was the stator went out with 30k miles. Completely covered under warranty. The wifey says that we can get a new one when we hit 100k. The way that we have been traveling that shouldn't be too long.

Gary

I`ve had 2 Harleys in the past and loved the way that they look and sound but had a lot of problems with them. I `ve had a gold wing now the last 2 years and so far it has been very reliable. Most wings will last 100,000 miles+.My question is how many miles do you have on your harley? Was wanting to see who had the most. My last harley got to 70,000 miles and was completely wore out. Reliability and durability are the 2 most important things in any vehicle i buy. I ride anywhere between 20 and 25K yearly. tks for any responses.

My response is, I think turboman really wanted another Harley :D.
They just keep coming back :Shrug:.
you gotta love um :qpnmt:.

98,000 on my 02 ultra when traded in in 09. friend had 117,000 on his 02 ultra when he traded for a 2011 triglide. know a guy with 300,000 on a evo ultra.
never needed anything on the 02 other than brake pads, tires , and normal service, the lady that bought it, put a Lehman kit on it, still going.

thought I wanted a Goldwing trike, until I tried to sit on one, no way my 6'5" frame and size 15 boots, could ride the darn thing, wife just laughed and told me that there was no way I could ride that thing day after day! I am sure they are a fine machine, but not for me!

Last edited:
I have 44 thou. on my 2010 H.D. Trike
Wife has 19 thou. on her 2010 Trike.
I bought a 1988 H.D. FLHS new, current mileage approx 265 thou. - re-manned by H.D. twice, currently running great.
Several rather minor problems with the Trikes but most covered by
warranty and a GOOD dealer.
:10:

I had 125,000 on my '93 FLHS when I sold it (it's still on the road). I've got 53,000 on my 2007 FLHT (3,000 after triking it). If you warm it up before you flog it and change the oil every 3,000 miles, they'll run forever. Now if you leave at bar time, throw your leg over a stone cold motor, and proceed to impress your buddies with an awesome parking lot burn out, you're going to have trouble. :)

Great responses people. iboos you`re kinda right part of me would love to have another harley. I had a 01 roadking police model with lehman conversion and when i first got it i loved it to death. learned how to work on it with all the trouble i had The last time it tore up was the drive belt breaking. Any body who has a trike knows what kind of job that is.After all the other trouble i had had already i was so angry i was ready to take the trike and every thing else i had with Harley-Davidson written on it and put it in a pile in my front yard and burn it. My wife looks at me calmly and Says " Baby if you do that you won`t have anything to wear" If these new triglides seem to hold up after a few years i may get one. Gonna see how long it takes to wear out this wing first. As long as i am riding that is all that counts. three wheels is the only way to go. I tell all of my friends that riding a trike is the most fun a person can have with your clothes on. tks for responses. Bruce

thought I wanted a Goldwing trike, until I tried to sit on one, no way my 6'5" frame and size 15 boots, could ride the darn thing, wife just laughed and told me that there was no way I could ride that thing day after day! I am sure they are a fine machine, but not for me!

I'm only 5'8" and even with the Roadsmith 'Comfort Controls' (feet 3" forward and 1" down) I still wish I could place my feet further forward as with the Harley's without having to use the riding pegs in a split eagle pose due to the wide engine. To me, that's the only draw-back to the Wing. Lousy foot position. :Shrug:

Best of luck in your search. ThumbUp

Well I put over 100K on my '93 FLHTC...Got a new 06 Ultra put 75K on that, but I only road that until August of 2010, that's when I got hit on my Buell and lost the leg. The guy I sold my old 93 to had a reman'd motor put in at 130K Bike was running good. but all the black was peeling and fading and look nasty. Harley cut him a good deal on the motor, so he did it. That was over 125K ago Bike is running great.

My 1953 PanHead has hundreds of thousands of miles on it and is worth 20 times more than it originally cost. I don't know much about about Honda's having never owned one. I think they started making Goldwings in the late 70's. Are there any of them left on the road? I may be a biased Harley lover but I'm a firm believer in Buy American

My 1953 PanHead has hundreds of thousands of miles on it and is worth 20 times more than it originally cost. I don't know much about about Honda's having never owned one. I think they started making Goldwings in the late 70's. Are there any of them left on the road? I may be a biased Harley lover but I'm a firm believer in Buy American

I've seen a few early year Goldwings running around my area. My former boss bought a new Wing the 1st year they came out, he sold it to another guy at the plant when it finally blew a head gasket. That guy fixed it and still rides it the last I knew. From 1979 until the 2010 MY the Goldwing was built in Marrysville Ohio.

I've seen a few early year Goldwings running around my area. My former boss bought a new Wing the 1st year they came out, he sold it to another guy at the plant when it finally blew a head gasket. That guy fixed it and still rides it the last I knew. From 1979 until the 2010 MY the Goldwing was built in Marrysville Ohio.

My 1990 FLHS had the engine remanufactured a few years ago with 95,000 on the clock. Fully expect it to go another 23 years with good care. Heck, it's paid for, is reliable and the cool thing is that I'll be riding an antique in another 2 years.
With the people I ride with, there are 2 naked Gold Wings, one of them with Vetter fairing and bags. There are a couple of 1100s, 1200's and a plethora of 1500's. Like that bunny on the commercial, they keep going and going....
As msocko mentioned, Wings were made in Ohio until Mother Honda moved the plant to Japan. There are no 2011 Goldwings because of the move.
Wierd thing is, the Marysville made Wings, at least with the 1500 and up to the move to Japan, have a larger percentage of American sourced parts than a Harley of the same year.

I have 41,000 on my 2011 Triglide. Have not been able to ride it for a month now. Still in Harley shop because I hit a deer :( Other than the deer, rear brakes replaced two times, front brake pads and warped rotors once.

Also had reverse motor replaced as it quit at 30,000 miles. Compensator and clutches replaced at 40,000 miles.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back