Miles on a Harley

Can't touch the 250k on that 91 Ultra, but I just turned 100k on my 2001 Softail. Had to replace the cam chain tensioners twice, and the fuel lines in the tank. Otherwise just normal maintenance.

I routinely have Harley Evo and Twin Cam heads come through the shop with 100k miles on them with the valves and guides fine. Panhead and shovelhead Harleys were often lucky to get 30k before guides and valves were shot. Materials and geometry are much better on the newer stuff.

My old Kawi KZ1000 needed guides and valves at 50k.

I have a couple friends (they are a couple). She rides an 01 Classic, he rides an 08 Street Glide. She just turned over 180k, he has 120k. Routine maintenance, she also had a big bore installed at one point, along with gear drives.

2008 Harley with a Lehman kit had 42,000 miles on it with no problems other than radio when I traded it for a 2011 TriGlide. At 40,000 miles Harley replaced the engine under Warranty as the crankshaft went bad, so we will see how far it goes now. I pulled the emergency brake when the reap pads were gone at 4,000 miles.

I have just went over 80,000 miles on the 2009 Tri glide. It's all been good but thank my lucky stars that I bought the extended warranty.

Front head; upper engine stabilizer mount bolt backed out and wrecked the head.

Reverse Motor burnt out.

Engine lower end ate itself after a bearing failed.

radio x 3

And add all the minor bs items that have been repaired under the warranty, it could have been mighty expensive! I chalk all this to buying the Tri Glide when it first appeared in late 2008. All in all though, I would still buy this thing again.

Scott

I have over 6000 miles on my 2014 TG. So far so good.

Nightrider, Just wondered what dealer you got your 14 Tg from & use for service? I got my 12 Tg from Hacienda HD right before they sold to Bob Parsons of Go Daddy & became HD of Scottsdale.

I get most of my service work done at Arrowhead HD because they're closer & there's a IHOP & movie theater with in walking distance from there dealership.

Also, 36K on my 2012 & 43K on my girlfriends 2010 TG's.

I have 41,000 on my 2011 Triglide. Have not been able to ride it for a month now. Still in Harley shop because I hit a deer :( Other than the deer, rear brakes replaced two times, front brake pads and warped rotors once.

I have 62,350 k on my 2011 Tri Glide. Hit a deer 6 weeks ago with damage to the front fender and the right fork. I have also replaced the rear brake pads twice, front pads once.

Larry

We changed to Goldwing in 1979 and very glad we did.We have put over 200'000 miles on two goldwings & now are working on a motortrike conversion.I was informed not long ago that there are a lot of Harleys on the road, and about 10% make there destination.

We changed to Goldwing in 1979 and very glad we did.We have put over 200'000 miles on two goldwings & now are working on a motortrike conversion.I was informed not long ago that there are a lot of Harleys on the road, and about 10% make there destination.

Forget the emoticon? :Shrug:

One in every crowd, I just consider the source! Oh, and by the way, Motor Trike is two words.:Trike1:

The percentage is a lot higher than 10%, granted they require more care and feeding than a Wing, but more make there destination than 10%.

All though, when my dads Triglide broke down in Nebraska in 2011 he did have an interesting conversation with the flatbed owner. The guy gears up for Sturgis by keeping cars on hand for people to rent when their bikes brake down. When ask which brand he flatbeds the most he did say Harley. But then the numbers of Harley's heading to Sturgis is probably 10 - 1 vs other makes.

AzBob, Bought mine at Chesters in Mesa. They have done all the service and I am very pleased with the whole operation. I bought it as it was coming off the truck and I don't think they have gotten any more 14s in.

AzBob, Bought mine at Chesters in Mesa. They have done all the service and I am very pleased with the whole operation. I bought it as it was coming off the truck and I don't think they have gotten any more 14s in.

That's always good to hear & know when some ones please with there dealership, both with sales/parts & service dept.

Great responses people. iboos you`re kinda right part of me would love to have another harley. I had a 01 roadking police model with lehman conversion and when i first got it i loved it to death. learned how to work on it with all the trouble i had The last time it tore up was the drive belt breaking. Any body who has a trike knows what kind of job that is.After all the other trouble i had had already i was so angry i was ready to take the trike and every thing else i had with Harley-Davidson written on it and put it in a pile in my front yard and burn it. My wife looks at me calmly and Says " Baby if you do that you won`t have anything to wear" If these new triglides seem to hold up after a few years i may get one. Gonna see how long it takes to wear out this wing first. As long as i am riding that is all that counts. three wheels is the only way to go. I tell all of my friends that riding a trike is the most fun a person can have with your clothes on. tks for responses. Bruce

there is still hope. most of the Harley dealers around here will trade for anything. even a honda

I have 62,350 k on my 2011 Tri Glide. Hit a deer 6 weeks ago with damage to the front fender and the right fork. I have also replaced the rear brake pads twice, front pads once.

Larry

Glad you made it OK. My deer collision I needed both front forks, front fender, crash bar, one lower fairing, rear fender repair and paint, front turn signal. It was in northern Wisconsin near Eagle River.

THE JOKE IS;98% of Harley's are still on the road - The other 2% actually made it home. Why is a Goldwing rider hanging out on a Harley site?:gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back