99 Miles of Winding Road

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
The 12, in Idaho, is one of the nicest rides!

A couple of years ago I hit this road late in the day and I actually was tired of the curves before they ended. That was a first for me.

The other day I was fresh when we hit it, and thoroughly enjoyed all 99 miles! :D

99WindingMiles_zpshkcmvpnh.jpg

One of the thousands of curves in the 99 miles. Great country!

99Miles_zpsnjemsvj3.jpg

Kevin

The 12, in Idaho, is one of the nicest rides!

A couple of years ago I hit this road late in the day and I actually was tired of the curves before they ended. That was a first for me.

The other day I was fresh when we hit it, and thoroughly enjoyed all 99 miles! :D

99WindingMiles_zpshkcmvpnh.jpg

One of the thousands of curves in the 99 miles. Great country!

99Miles_zpsnjemsvj3.jpg

Kevin

Kevin, I believe that is the Lolo Pass road if I am not mistaken, and it is also a beautiful ride as well. Done this and the Bear Tooth Pass from Red Lodge about 3 years ago on the same day!! Really mentally/physically exhausted when I got to Clarkston, WA. and the motel!! Plan to do it in reverse this year on the way to Sturgis with the wife. This time on the Trike!!

Thanks for the photos

Roger

Indeed this Hwy 12 is known as Lolo Pass. I was on this road back in 2006 on a 2-wheel Ultra Classic and was not impressed....almost put me to sleep. Be sure to eat a hearty lunch before starting out or early in the day after breakfast!! Might try this road again one day on 3-wheels!!!

Hwy 12 from Lewiston ID to Lolo MT is one of the most amazing rides that you can do in the West. It follows the Clearwater River, which shows very obviously how it got it's name, and the Lochsa River. I have ridden it many times and never tire of the curves and vista's. The Clearwater makes you wanna stop and just fall in it clothes and all if it is a hot summer day. 99 miles of sweet ridin' on 3 wheels or 2. From Lolo if you head south down to Salmon ID, you will be further amazed at the scenery and challenging twisty mountain passes.

There are plenty of good reasons why they call Idaho the {hidden} Gem state. If any of you head this way, give me a holler and if I can swing it, I will ride part of the way or do a loop with you. There are some amazing day rides right here within 30 minutes of Boise also. Just do it!!

On my list of roads to ride . Been told it is a great ride with a decent road surface.

Yes, we've been on it a few times (son and grandaughter are in Missoula and MIL is in Meridian) and it has had a good road surface each time we've been on it. Not as cambered as I'd like, but, still a lot of fun.

Kevin, I believe that is the Lolo Pass road if I am not mistaken, and it is also a beautiful ride as well. Done this and the Bear Tooth Pass from Red Lodge about 3 years ago on the same day!! Really mentally/physically exhausted when I got to Clarkston, WA. and the motel!! Plan to do it in reverse this year on the way to Sturgis with the wife. This time on the Trike!!

Thanks for the photos

Roger

Wow, that was a long day! And two of the best roads in the USA.

Beartooth is Mary's #1 favorite.

Indeed this Hwy 12 is known as Lolo Pass.

I was on this road back in 2006 on a 2-wheel Ultra Classic and was not impressed....almost put me to sleep. Be sure to eat a hearty lunch before starting out or early in the day after breakfast!!

Might try this road again one day on 3-wheels!!!

:) You're spoiled....You have so many great roads near you...but I bet you like it better on the TG!

NEVER TOO MANY TWISTIES.....ThumbUp:10:

Yep!!!

:D

Looks good to me.

Maybe one for the bucket list.

Yeah, the 12 is fun, and if you take the 13 from Grangeville up to the 12, that is a nice warm-up!

Hwy 12 from Lewiston ID to Lolo MT is one of the most amazing rides that you can do in the West. It follows the Clearwater River, which shows very obviously how it got it's name, and the Lochsa River. I have ridden it many times and never tire of the curves and vista's. The Clearwater makes you wanna stop and just fall in it clothes and all if it is a hot summer day. 99 miles of sweet ridin' on 3 wheels or 2. From Lolo if you head south down to Salmon ID, you will be further amazed at the scenery and challenging twisty mountain passes.

There are plenty of good reasons why they call Idaho the {hidden} Gem state. If any of you head this way, give me a holler and if I can swing it, I will ride part of the way or do a loop with you. There are some amazing day rides right here within 30 minutes of Boise also.

Just do it!!

:Agree:

have to remember to ride that one next time we are that way TU

We really enjoyed it.

ThumbUp

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back