license for stallion and operator

" casually to my legislators " they don't care, less you tell them every one will be better off. All they want is your vote and $$$

I doubt that the legislature considered/anticipated a situation like yours. You might want to research the laws of other states. Many (most?) are less restrictive. Your state representative could either (1) prevail on the licensing bureau if this is a regulation, or (2) introduce and shepherd through corrective language if the regulation is covered by legislation. Thoroughbred Motorsports and the dealer you purchased the Stallion from should be able to help you. Did you buy it in state?

I can tell you this from personal experience. I owned a Grinnall Scorpion 111 trike equipped with a steering wheel. It was registered in CA when I bought it. I registered it in Texas with no hassle. Later I sold it to someone in CA who re-registered it with no hassle and CA is probably the most over-regulated state in the US!

I bought a brand new Stallion and finally went to see what I need for a driver's license. Here in North Dakota the 2009 legislature determined that since it has 3 wheels and a STEERING WHEEL instead of handlebars that it should be licensed as an unconventional vehicle and have a plate with a "UC" on it and not a motorcycle plate. Sounds good to me:) They also determined that an operator of an unconventional vehicle with 3 wheels and a STEERING WHEEL needs only a class D license to drive it, thats just the normal car one... SWEET, right?:) Now, I go in to the DMV to pay sales tax and get plates... mass confusion. They finally find the UC plates and in the process of entering things into the computer for a UC plate they have to call the state. Oh, yes, the state says... here is how you do it... finally. And they also say,"Oh, by the way, unconventional vehicles cant be ridden on controlled access highways and that means the interstate. WTF??? I told them, ok, license it as a motorcycle and I will get a motorcycle license. She said NO, it has a steering wheel. Anyone else get the runaround like me? I may have a 2013 Stallion for sale with .8 miles on it. Anyone?????:gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back