Has anyone thought of putting on a license plate bracket on the right rear fender?

Oct 29, 2021
Manahawkin
Has anyone thought of putting on a license plate bracket on the right rear fender?

Looking at the freewheeler in the back it looks off to me. So i asked about buying another license plate bracket for the right rear fender Part # 67900187 (6 weeks wait due to back order) . The price I got from the dealer was $51.00. I looked online and could not find what the bracket looks like. I am being told by the dealer that it will not fit on the right side fender. But if you look under both fenders they have the same bolt pattern. Has anyone else looked it this?

Looking at the freewheeler in the back it looks off to me. So i asked about buying another license plate bracket for the right rear fender Part # 67900187 (6 weeks wait due to back order) . The price I got from the dealer was $51.00. I looked online and could not find what the bracket looks like. I am being told by the dealer that it will not fit on the right side fender. But if you look under both fenders they have the same bolt pattern. Has anyone else looked it this?

Check with NJ DOT.......The plate if not affixed dead center on the Trike it has to be on the left rear fender....

I was just thinking of putting on a bracket and installing a novelty plate on the right and so it acts as a kind of like a mud flap, And makes the back more even looking,

I noticed Freejoe had a right side license place bracket on his Freewheeler that he sold. If he is on , I hope he can say where he got the right side license bracket from?

Joe I thought so. I looked at both fenders and they looked the same to me. I was told by the parts people I may have to modify it. Thank you for the information.

I will also share that Harley Davidson wants to make as much money off each bike as possible designing specific parts, yet fails to do the research of what already fits and or can be easily adapted to fit, that is a waste of money.

Then there is the Stealerships, they now hire the person that if it isn’t in print, it isn’t going to work and or the Bible says NO!

No one these days is willing to experiment.

Standing in the dealership one day a customer was asking about passing lamps for his Freewheeler, Parts rep got the P&A out and paged through and was chatting with the customer while searching and commented “I am not finding anything”……. Knowing both the parts reps behind the counter, I spoke up and said “your not going to find anything in there, care to take a walk”.

The owner and the customer walked outside with me, Customer “ How did you know it would work, thats what I want”. Owner “Joe- Do you mind if I take pictures of that and put behind the counter… Do you have the part #’s, this is awesome and why doesn’t corporate know anything about this”.

Later I was chatting with the owner and his son and shared that employees need to experiment like back in the old days, trial and error. I was waiting for a job offer! Hahaha

I will also share that Harley Davidson wants to make as much money off each bike as possible designing specific parts, yet fails to do the research of what already fits and or can be easily adapted to fit, that is a waste of money.

Then there is the Stealerships, they now hire the person that if it isn’t in print, it isn’t going to work and or the Bible says NO!

No one these days is willing to experiment.

Standing in the dealership one day a customer was asking about passing lamps for his Freewheeler, Parts rep got the P&A out and paged through and was chatting with the customer while searching and commented “I am not finding anything”……. Knowing both the parts reps behind the counter, I spoke up and said “your not going to find anything in there, care to take a walk”.

The owner and the customer walked outside with me, Customer “ How did you know it would work, thats what I want”. Owner “Joe- Do you mind if I take pictures of that and put behind the counter… Do you have the part #’s, this is awesome and why doesn’t corporate know anything about this”.

Later I was chatting with the owner and his son and shared that employees need to experiment like back in the old days, trial and error. I was waiting for a job offer! Hahaha

Joe would you be willing to share those passing lamp part numbers?I am interested in adding passing lamps to my FW.

Passing lamps and License Plate for right side

I purchased from www.Namz.com Letric Lighting passing lamps, chrome buckets, LED bulbs. Mounts just like I had on my SGS....so a bit different than a Road King Light Bar. Have yet to install the product but it is in the works. [FONT=var(--font-family-custom)]Letric Lighting LED Full-Halo Passing Lights 4.5" Chrome #LLC-PLB-FHCC[/FONT]

As for the conundrum with the Brake light/license plate bracket that H.D. now want $131.05 plus tax Part#67900187. I was lucky enough to find one..possibly older stock..from a dealer in Massachusetts. $49.49 plus shipping. Total $62.66 delivered today.

I purchased from www.Namz.com Letric Lighting passing lamps, chrome buckets, LED bulbs. Mounts just like I had on my SGS....so a bit different than a Road King Light Bar. Have yet to install the product but it is in the works. [FONT=var(--font-family-custom)]Letric Lighting LED Full-Halo Passing Lights 4.5" Chrome #LLC-PLB-FHCC[/FONT]

As for the conundrum with the Brake light/license plate bracket that H.D. now want $131.05 plus tax Part#67900187. I was lucky enough to find one..possibly older stock..from a dealer in Massachusetts. $49.49 plus shipping. Total $62.66 delivered today.

What I keep finding when I search for these brackets is that the hole locations are off just a bit, so I don't buy them.

I know with a dremel tool I could elongate the holes but that would remove the chrome coating on the part. I am afraid that would lead to rusting. I wouild be very happy to read that when you install yours that everything goes well. Please post back and let us know how the install goes. Take care.

Right fender license bracket.

Put one my 2016 right fender. Bolts right on.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back