Has anyone seen an RG3?

WindyOne

500+ Posts
Dec 3, 2009
Va.
A dealer a couple hours away has one, but I have only talked on the phone with a salesperson about pricing. I thought that I would like to trade in my paid for FW on a new RG3.

An OTD price was $20K, more than I thought the amount would have been or should have been in my mind.

I have yet to demo one but have since decided that I will keep my FW that I have modded about all that I am going to do.

Money is more important that having a new bike at this point.

Wondering if anyone has demoed the RG3 yet and their thoughts?

A dealer a couple hours away has one, but I have only talked on the phone with a salesperson about pricing. I thought that I would like to trade in my paid for FW on a new RG3.

An OTD price was $20K, more than I thought the amount would have been or should have been in my mind.

I have yet to demo one but have since decided that I will keep my FW that I have modded about all that I am going to do.

Money is more important that having a new bike at this point.

I looked one over at my dealer, but didn't test ride. I'm quite content with my '21 Free and not in the market for a replacement. The RG3 is a nice looking bike. Lot of discussions in here about the low profile wheels being a detriment to comfort and handling and also whether or not the fairing is all that effective for wind blocking.

I talked with the dealer I got my Freewheeler from. They wanted over 10 grand difference in trade. I felt comfortable paying around $5500 difference. Needless to say I still own the 2022 Freewheeler with 1325 miles on it. I Think the Freewheeler looks better with a batwing fairing anyway. If I was going to do a Road Glide trike I'd buy a Road Glide Limited and have it triked.

i did ride a RG3 at demo days, I thought it rode as good as the Free did. I did like the radio and gauges. The RG3 looks kinda funky to me without a tour-pak on the back to balance it out.

I have been looking at the RG3 quite a bit this summer and I rode one this past Fri. (Oct. 6th). I was surprised with the difference between my 2020 Tri-Glide and the '23 RG3. The RG3 seemed to ride better (suspension wise) and handled a bit better, though this could just be different bars and seats. I liked it enough to put in an order for a Blacked Out '24 and trade in my '20 Tri-glide that has almost 40000Km (25000 Miles). I liked the bars and the seat much better than the Tri-Glide and it has TPMS and a hidden antenna. The wheels are really good looking and I noticed no harshness due to the lower tire sidewalls. I'll put a rack on the trunk lid and along with strapping a bag to the rear seat touring should be no problem. It'll be different, but so was the Tri-Glide.

All the Best

Neil

I have been looking at the RG3 quite a bit this summer and I rode one this past Fri. (Oct. 6th). I was surprised with the difference between my 2020 Tri-Glide and the '23 RG3. The RG3 seemed to ride better (suspension wise) and handled a bit better, though this could just be different bars and seats. I liked it enough to put in an order for a Blacked Out '24 and trade in my '20 Tri-glide that has almost 40000Km (25000 Miles). I liked the bars and the seat much better than the Tri-Glide and it has TPMS and a hidden antenna. The wheels are really good looking and I noticed no harshness due to the lower tire sidewalls. I'll put a rack on the trunk lid and along with strapping a bag to the rear seat touring should be no problem. It'll be different, but so was the Tri-Glide.

Glad to read that the RG3 rides well. That was a main concern of mine when I saw the wheel/tires.

All the Best

Neil

The 1st time I saw the RG3 in the pre release video that HD put out, it really caught my eye. Then this one was at my HD Dealership for about 15 minutes when this young lady bought it ... actually I think she ordered it and it was being delivered. I had the chance to take a good look at it and I liked it even more. I think it's just the perfect piece to fit right in between the Free and the Tri.

IMG_6860.jpg IMG_6856.jpg IMG_6862.jpg IMG_6857.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back