How many wear your helmets

I asked my friend (who is the chief detective for the local police dept. traffic dept. who responds to ALL fatal wrecks. He said AZ is a "right to die" state and 85% of his crashes involving motorcyclists would have survived if they wore a helmet. He also said about 70% of the bikers that don't wear helmets are on plastic bikes. (sport bikes)

ride on and stay safe.

So AZ do you wear your helmet? The wife and I wear ours. I have had one motorcycle wreck and my head was the first thing to hit the asphalt. I am very glad I had my helmet on!

i wear mine under protest, never had this law when i was growing up and i resent the fact that we are mandated by the law to wear one here in mo. i firmly believe in "freeedom of choice"!!! no i don't wear one in states that don't have such a law. you want to wear one, i have no problem with that.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked my friend (who is the chief detective for the local police dept. traffic dept. who responds to ALL fatal wrecks. He said AZ is a "right to die" state and 85% of his crashes involving motorcyclists would have survived if they wore a helmet. He also said about 70% of the bikers that don't wear helmets are on plastic bikes. (sport bikes)

ride on and stay safe.

BEWARE OF GOVERNMENT STATISTICS

i wear mine under protest, never had this law when i was growing up and i resent the fact that we are mandated by the law to wear one here in mo. i firmly believe in "freeedom of choice"!!! no i don't wear one in states that don't have such a law. you want to wear one, i have no problem with that.

- - - Upated - - -

BEWARE OF GOVERNMENT STATISTICS

Do you wear seatbelts? I am not trying to force anything on anyone. I am just trying to understand why so much is said and done about laws requiring you to wear a helmet yet you NEVER hear anything about laws requiring you to wear seatbelts.

Always... Wasn't fun scraping skull, flesh and brain up off of the road.
I do often think, I'm riding into town (6 blocks) at 20-25 mph to get coffee at 0530hrs. What could happen? With my dumb luck... I'll always wear it.
Larry Gill
Retired Firefighter/ EMT
Clinton Township Dept. of Fire, Rescue, EMS

I moved my bike once without my helmet. I felt like I was seriously breaking the law, Like I robbed a bank or something!!It's always been law to wear them up here iln Canada as far as I can remember. Always wear it when I straddle the seat.....Ken

Re: Do you wear a Helmet?

State law here. A helmet saved my life once. I wonder what sort of helmet Michael Schumacher was wearing when he had his skiing accident. They said his helmet broke in half. He used the best helmets money could buy when he was racing F1 for all those years and now has suffered a life threatening brain injury skiing with what was obviously a less than adequate helmet. He is still in a coma and not making much progress, there is fear he may never wake up and if he does he may be terribly disabled. So yes, I and my passengers always wear helmets.

Helmet always and always full face or modular. I stopped wearing 3/4 helmet after seeing my sons helmet after a bad crash. His full face helmet had a tire track that ran over his chin bar, across the faceshield and up the forehead.

Nowadays Hell Yes! Scorpion EXO900, Way to many people Txting/talking on the cell phone. See in my POV always, really see it when riding the Wing.

Helmet Cheaper than a Wheelchair! (that is if you live)

***Important info FYI***.

If you don't wear a helmet (I am happy to read that most people here do,). According to four insurance companies that I checked with ( Geico, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA insurance) if you're not wearing a helmet and you are in an accident where you receive head injuries the insurances will not cover medical expenses. It doesn't matter if you hurt an arm, or a leg but if you have head injuries and we're not wearing a helmet you are bankrupt..

Interesting never have heard that one before!!!

I have a couple of skid lids and a matching, with my wives, so I wear a helmet about 99.9% of the time. If I'm riding over to the barber, 4 blocks away, I don't always wear a helmet.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back