How many wear your helmets

May 11, 2013
SUN CITY WEST. ARIZONA
Just checking to see how many on here wear their Helmet ? I see this guy & his trike also most once a week come down the rd near my house. His grey hair blowing in the wind as he;s doing around 60 mph. I try to wear mine when I remember. Its only a 1/2 helmet but better then nothing. So how Many do ?

I'm a 65 yr young Ohio biker, I've fought the Ohio helmet laws when they forced us to wear them back in the day, I was young then and it wasn't cool to wear a "Bucket" on your head. Things change you get a little older and maybe a little smarter. Now days I wear my helmet 99% of the time, every once in awhile I'll ride a short distance without it, just because I can. For the most part the helmet is on my head now days.

I'm 69 and always wear my 3/4 helmet, even for a 1/2 mile trip to the store.

In my younger days I had a couple of incidents with cage drivers and ended up dumping my 2 wheeler on the asphalt. Fortunately, I was wearing a helmet both times and still remember the scrapes on the helmet; could have been my head.

Even a trike rider can get dumped by other careless drivers under the right (or wrong) circumstances. Why take a chance?

I also wear a road jacket, boots, and heavy pants on long trips for the same reason, even in the Florida and Georgia summer heat.

Thank God Tennessee law requires a helmet or I would be dead. When I wrecked my bike 3 years ago it saved my life. Now 3 years and 8 surgeries later I can at least ride my trike and my helmet lays on my work bench scared up as a reminder that "helmets save lives".
Don't be macho unless you have your affairs in order.

I'm 66 years old and I have always worn a helmet, I started riding when I was 16 years old and Wisconsin required helmets until age 17. I got used to the helmet so I just kept wearing one. In Missouri its the law.

:wave4:

Without wearing my helmet 4 years back, I would not be answering this post !!!! Only 2 vehicles on the road and the one in front of me flipped a U-turn right into me !! Nice to know they really work !!

Tomg

I would have died in the early 70's had I not had a helmet on. I kept what was left of it for years, just to show the "I don't need a helmet" crew exactly why they DO need one.

If I get on a bike without a helmet, I feel like I'm in church without my pants on!!

So, the answer is 100 percent.

I grew up in Southern Michigan. We always had to wear our lids. Then moved to Minn wear we didn't have a lid law. But I wear mine 99% of the time. Even in Arizona while were there for 4 months. Maybe Hot with it & it may mess up your hair. But at least you'll be around to comb it ThumbUp

I don't wear mine unless I have to. Hated it when I was on my Softail going across country. No windshield and the wind was pulling at it all the time choking me. Those politicians should ride like that and the'd see how bad it is tugging at you. Went down I-70 in Missouri one time and could only go 50 mi. the wind was so bad. My neck was killing me. Maybe one of these days I'll wear one. It should be our choice.

I always wear my helmet,
Story to tell is about the hwy to the sun. As we came tru a tunnel water washed a rock
that hit top of my helmet knocking a chunk out of the top of it,also rang my bell & crossed my eyes,had I been on two wheels I would surly have went down. My little bride is my copilot and she screamed loud enough to wake the dead.("WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT")surprise surprise . Moral of the story is you don't know what is in store for you.

I always wear one and in the past 8 years or so have gone to a full face flip up after my son had an accident t-boneing a car. He and the bike went over the car and when the dust settled he had a broken collar bone, but his full face helmet had a tire tread that went from the chin bar, up the face shield, and over the forehead.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back