How many IRON BUTT riders are members here?

Morton

20+ Posts
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2022
La Crosse, WI, US
I have been riding for more years than I can count.

Just before I turned 70 and was having trouble keeping my 2 wheels balanced with confidence ... I bought a trike ( 2014 HD ultra ) which I immediately fell in love with.

I spent 3 months fitting it to my liking and decided to do a Saddle Sore 1000 before my birthday.

Jumped on it one morning last October and ran from La Crosse to Murdo SD and back in 18.5 hours.

I'm now an Iron Butt Member.

How many of you have ran an Iron butt ride?

Morton

1000 mile member

In 2005, I did a little over 1000 miles in about 22 hours (certified by Ironbutt Association), on a Harley Fatboy, from Akron Ohio to Spirit Lake Iowa with my brother and a friend. We left in the afternoon and rode all night to avoid the worst of the traffic.

Had a gentleman riding a BMW 1600 that left San Diego around 10 pm one night pulling a trailer with 75 gallons of gasoline trying to make it across the US without stopping or putting his feet down. Made it all the way to Tallahassee, FL and got stopped by the police for speeding. Traveling all interstate I-8 and I-10.

I've done a couple,IBA#55800, 50 CC, BunBurnerGoldx1, Bunburner1500x2, Saddlesore 1000x4.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back