Handlebars (wrist angle) again...

Looks like you can get just about everything that you need on the bars. Do you really find them more comfortable than some of the other bars? Let me apologize b/4 I even say this but they don't look as "cool" as the Wild 1 apes but then at my age I think I'm probably past the "cool" stage anyway! Heck I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be riding a trike and here I am!! Wonder what's next! I've kinda gone over to the "dark side" with my trike - more black than chrome. So I think I'll probably order the black set. My very first bike:GL1800: all those years ago was all black - everything - so maybe I'm regressing (lol):laugh:

Let me put it this way about if I think they are more comfortable. I purchased my trike in August 2013. I installed 2in pullbacks right from the git go. I took a ride to Northern Ga and N. Carolina in September. Lots of Wrist PAIN. When I got north I called HeliBar to verified they were going to be at Daytona in October and made an appointment with the owner Larry on the phone. The first day (Thursday of Biktoberfest) I had the 9 am appointment. Almost a year later NO PAIN. Now this is just my experience. I have had 2 sets now and love them.

Let me put it this way about if I think they are more comfortable. I purchased my trike in August 2013. I installed 2in pullbacks right from the git go. I took a ride to Northern Ga and N. Carolina in September. Lots of Wrist PAIN. When I got north I called HeliBar to verified they were going to be at Daytona in October and made an appointment with the owner Larry on the phone. The first day (Thursday of Biktoberfest) I had the 9 am appointment. Almost a year later NO PAIN. Now this is just my experience. I have had 2 sets now and love them.
Gorilla, now that you have the HeliBars setup the way you like them, are the grips on the HeliBar just as close to you as the 2" pullbacks?
Butch

Gorilla, now that you have the HeliBars setup the way you like them, are the grips on the HeliBar just as close to you as the 2" pullbacks?
Butch

I'm not absolutely sure but I think they are slightly closer. That can be varied by the angle you use when they are clamped onto the trees. They can be made higher or lower which also makes them closer or further away. I'm 5 ft 9 and my arms are almost 90 degrees at the elbows I believe.

I'm not absolutely sure but I think they are slightly closer. That can be varied by the angle you use when they are clamped onto the trees. They can be made higher or lower which also makes them closer or further away. I'm 5 ft 9 and my arms are almost 90 degrees at the elbows I believe.
Those are the words (slightly closer) I wanted to here, I have the 2" pull back and always felt the handle bar needed to come back at least a 1/2" more to me. Again Thank You
Butch

The clutch cable is rerouted from under the bat wing to run in front of it. A matching black plastic plug is inserted into the hole in the fairing. The TBW wires or encased in a special sleeve and zip tied to the right bar. You don't even notice it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back