Gun Owners

Re: Guns?

I use to shoot competition Trap years ago. Still have a nice collection. Notice I said, "Collection". I haven't shot any of them in years! :(

Maybe one of these days I'll get back to the range again.

Kelltec is a nice gun, but I don't like the kick of the 9mm. I prefer the 380 or the 32. I tote the Glock 26 sub with the extended clip so my pinkie does not dangle.... My other carry is my Sig Sauer P229 in 357sig. Double taps get tough with the sig, but you need less sugar with a 357sig corbon +p round! :)

a Truly Great Warning

I ordered a part for my AR a few months ago and on the label was the a truly great warning.

Now I have read warnings in the past, but this one seemed to characterize the essence of what a true warning should do.....

Warning:
The handling and use of firearms bears with it certain unavoidable risks, like sky diving and rock climbing. If you are not willing to accept the responsibility for your own actions, guns are not for you.

That my friends is a work of art.

Re: a Truly Great Warning

That IS a work of art! Now can we paste that on every motorcycle and trike too? and on a number of other items..... No wait. Can't we paste that warning on life? Too many don't seem to understand personal responsibility.

Re: a Truly Great Warning

Now I have read warnings in the past, but this one seemed to characterize the essence of what a true warning should do.....

Warning:
The handling and use of firearms bears with it certain unavoidable risks, like sky diving and rock climbing. If you are not willing to accept the responsibility for your own actions, guns are not for you.

That my friends is a work of art.

Roger that, Mattel! And like Nana said, that's a warning that belongs on the whole adventure of adult life. If you can't take responsibility for your own actions, you should just stay in your house, never turn on the computer or TV, never eat or drink anything, never read a newspaper or a book, never...you get the idea.

If you are not willing to accept responsibility for your own actions, LIFE is not for you!

Hey Mattel, how do you like your Glock26? That is what I have, along with a S&W 459. Glock is what I carry. Smith is my house gun, along with a 12 gauge. I looked at a keltec 380 and shot it, but it stovepiped about every 3 rd. The Glock was flawless. bigred.

Bigred,
The keltec will stovepipe if you use flat tip rounds. You need to use round tips only. No p+ either since it has an a light barrel. Each one has it's advantage. The G26 is dependable, it goes bang every time you pull the trigger. But it is heavy, it has the nick name of the block. The keltec is small and does not print very much if at all. I have had a keltec for years and it works flawlessly if you use the correct ammo. If you have jamming problems you can send it back to Keltec and they will fix it for free. If you like your g26 for cary try the Galco first freedom holster or my favorite the Skyopps. Be safe.

New Gun Licensing bill.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45
> introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm
> Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
>
> We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles
> radio program. Even gun shop owners didn't know about
> this because it is flying under the radar.
>
> To find out about this - go to any government website and
> type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing
> & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the
> information.
>
> Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any
> rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
>
>
>
> It
> is registered
>
> You
> are fingerprinted
>
> You
> supply a current Driver's License
>
> You
> supply your Social Security #
>
> You
> will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any
> time of their choosing
>
>
>
> Each update - change or ownership through private or public
> sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you
> automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are
> subject up to a year in jail.
>
>
>
> There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305
> stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and
> inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the
> right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun
> safely away from accessibility to children and fine is
> punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.
>
>
>
> If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take
> your pick of many options to read this. It is long and
> lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of
> this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family -
> pass this along.
>
>
>
> Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him
> on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best
> way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and
> "spring into action". Also he suggests we all
> join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association,
> hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.
>
>
>
> This is just a "termite" approach to complete
> confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the
> point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there
> until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.
>
>
>
> This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.
>
>
>
> Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
>
> OpenCongress - U.S. Congress - H.R.45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009
>
> H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)
>

Hi all, I'm in Colorado and am considering getting my CC permit. Don't really know a lot about guns. I bought a S&W 38 special, back in the 70s that I keep next to the bed, and use for plinkin at targets. Don't have a lot to spend on a CC, really trying not to go over 500.00, and I prefer new. Any thoughts on the S&W M&P compact .40.
Other suggestions? Thanks.

FB,
I hear that many shops are running specials on Subcompact Glocks. I have been hearing $450.00. That is a spectacular price. The M&P subcompact is also a great CC pistol. The best way to decide is to go to your local range and rent or borrow one and try it out. .40 or 9mm are great choices. The choice is more rounds and smaller holes for the 9mm, and it is easyer to double tap, and control three round sequences. The .40 will make bigger holes, but it is more difficult to do multiple double taps and stay tight with your groups. What ever you get buy the mags soon.

Good luck.

My only comment is that the FBI carries 40 cal. I carry 40 cal both on and off duty. I carry Glock both on and off duty. Never had a miss fire or a hang no matter what i put through it. Ted

They arent my CC guns but I do have both a 40cal and a 9mm and was surprised how much more punch the 40 has.

Thank you all for the replies.

Mattel, I'll check the web for the glocks......thanks

Ted and Bazook, thanks also. At first I didn't know if I should go 9mm, your comments help me think .40 is the riight choice.

Good choice. If you wing someone with a nine they can still be a threat. You wing someone with a 40 they are less of a threat. My Glock 27 carries 9 in the mag plus 1 and my Glock 23 13 in the mag plus 1. As a professional weapon carrier if I can not put them down with that I should not be carrying. Also push come to shove I can put my 23 mag into the 27 for the increased capacity for something planned. Being my 2 guns are the same manufacture and caliber they do fire some what the same. Remember a familiar weapon in a more accurate weapon.

Please remember a weapon is not to intimate someone. Think about it, if you point a gun at someone be prepared physically and emotionally to kill that person. You do NOT shoot to wing them, you must be prepared to kill them. A sobering thought but one you have to come to grips with if you are going to carry. Ted

I have to admit, I'm a gun nut!
I have shot Trap since 1988 and have shot some skeet and some sporting clays.
I also shoot target 22's and have several of them. My most recent adiction has been the ruger 10/22. I've owned them before but I got the bug to build a ultimate 10/22 so I found a forum called RFC Home and several hundred dollars later I have a tack driver that the only thing left that is stock ruger is the charging handle and the frame.
I also have a few pistols. My wife and I have carry permits and we both carry s&w s.s. 38's that shoot the plus P ammo.
I love guns and have all my life next to motorcycles they are my biggest vise.
Okie
Tulsa, Ok.

If you carry a 38,a bebee gun would just as good, i carry a G30 while riding, aG23 for home protection, they were great when was on duty, so a carry over for retirement, most action is within 10', if needed you need knockdown power, with devious persons with guns on the increase, year after year, hesitation will further your demise, democratics liberals will attempt to take this from you.

DJ
BK MI VI
MI PGR

10/22's

I have to admit, I'm a gun nut!
I have shot Trap since 1988 and have shot some skeet and some sporting clays.
I also shoot target 22's and have several of them. My most recent adiction has been the ruger 10/22. I've owned them before but I got the bug to build a ultimate 10/22 so I found a forum called RFC Home and several hundred dollars later I have a tack driver that the only thing left that is stock ruger is the charging handle and the frame.
I also have a few pistols. My wife and I have carry permits and we both carry s&w s.s. 38's that shoot the plus P ammo.
I love guns and have all my life next to motorcycles they are my biggest vise.
Okie
Tulsa, Ok.

Okie,
If you love the 10/22 you have to pick up the Ruger Charger 10/22. It is the same as the rifle but with a short 8" barrel! I love 10/22's and I own 3 of them. The charger is the best one to plink with. I put a red dot sight on it and I load 30, 25, and 50 round mags and plink away!!!! All my friends like to play with it. I also have a 10/22 bulpup and my custom built tack driver with the voltlscomp (mispelled I am sure) trigger. You need to get a charger while you still can, I am sure this one will be banned quicker that you can flick a fly off S&*t!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back