GL1800 Brake Recall

Is Honda really paying for recall on Roadsmith Conversions??

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by lgjhn Yep. Even though it's triked out and possibly disconnected, Mother Honda wants it REPLACED.
Mine is in the shop right now having it done with a complete system flush...front and rear.

I'm not at all sure that is true. I took my ROADSMITH to a very ethical and honest dealer in Madison, IN for the recall and they advised that with a ROADSMITH conversion there was nothing to do and they consequently could not and would not charge Honda for the recall as that would be deceitful and dishonest. If anyone has anything official from Honda saying they would pay on the ROADSMITH conversion, please post it. If not, then I suspect a lot of dealers are ripping off Mother Honda. I am paying for my own brake fluid exchange.

ROADSMITH to a very ethical and honest dealer in Madison, IN for the recall and they advised that with a ROADSMITH conversion there was nothing to do and they consequently could not and would not charge Honda for the recall as that would be deceitful and dishonest. If not, then I suspect a lot of dealers are ripping off Mother Honda. I am paying for my own brake fluid exchange.

Thank you & your Honda dealer in Madison, IN...I also have a very ethical and honest dealer in Cullman, Al. that told me the same thing about a RS kit...I posted the same info on another very large Goldwing forum in a attempt to help others, I told my one of the members there..."YOU NEED TO FIND ANOTHER DEALER" :Shrug:

WARNING ABOUT BAD DEALER / SERVICE DEPARTMENT!!
I guess next time..... NO NEVER A NEXT TIME FOR A DEALER !!!!!!
I would not blame all dealers for the shoddy work of one

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not at all sure that is true. I took my ROADSMITH to a very ethical and honest dealer in Madison, IN for the recall and they advised that with a ROADSMITH conversion there was nothing to do and they consequently could not and would not charge Honda for the recall as that would be deceitful and dishonest. If anyone has anything official from Honda saying they would pay on the ROADSMITH conversion, please post it. If not, then I suspect a lot of dealers are ripping off Mother Honda. I am paying for my own brake fluid exchange.

I would not say there is NOTHING to do. If they follow what you are saying you will STILL have a possibly bad rear primary Master cylinder.
After examining the letter from roadsmith My guess is that while they covered the SMC very well, and explained why it would not be replaced. they made no mention of the PRIMARY, which in my opinion, should still be replaced.

If I had a Roadsmith, THAT is what I would fight for

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back