Does the CSC installed trailer hitch include an isolator?

Does anyone know if the 2015 California Sidecar Cobra XL (installed on a 2009 GL1800) with with factory installed trailer hitch incorporates an isolation harness?

An isolation harness is a simple solution that will not only power your trailer’s lights at full power, it will also electrically separate the trailer’s lights from the bike’s light circuits, preventing any possibility of damage to the bike.

Does anyone know if the 2015 California Sidecar Cobra XL (installed on a 2009 GL1800) with with factory installed trailer hitch incorporates an isolation harness?

An isolation harness is a simple solution that will not only power your trailer’s lights at full power, it will also electrically separate the trailer’s lights from the bike’s light circuits, preventing any possibility of damage to the bike.

I would think A call to CSC would be in order.?..

I don't believe it is isolated. IIRC, when the trike kit is installed, the connector that controls all the rear lighting is disconnected and the CSC harness is connected to it. Although an isolated harness is a good idea, I have driven many miles with both my cargo trailer and my Aspen camper trailer and have had no issues with any wiring problems.

I have read in many other threads on unconverted GL1800's that a trailer isolator is not really needed. I am attaching a schematic showing the CSC wiring harness that they provide. There is a small typo in the 2 description boxes in lower left corner. They switched the box labels. It does say that it's the Viper wiring but I believe that Cobra and Viper have same wiring.

Screenshot_20221116-134617_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back