Harley does it again.

520fd

550+ Posts
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2010
Davenport, Iowa USA
Since Harley no longer offers a CB Module anymore. I have a 2022 Tri-Glide. I'm looking for a CB Module that fits my trike. I ride with our local HOG club. They use CB for communication.

Since Harley no longer offers a CB Module anymore. I have a 2022 Tri-Glide. I'm looking for a CB Module that fits my trike. I ride with our local HOG club. They use CB for communication.

While looking for your CB, you may want to try to get your hands on the lighted switch pack. Even if you don't find the CB, the new pack can be used.

Good luck

There are probably some at various Harley dealers. Your dealer can see who has one and get it for you. My dealer did that for me.

It's unbelievable that Harley would quit making the CB modules. Their best customers,

HOG members, use CBs to safely ride in groups, and provide Harley with repeat customers.

If they actually stop making CBs available they will regret it.

I had heard that HDs supplier was currently making more newer tech. bluetooth units, but

would restart manufacturing in June. Harley should not have allowed their supply of CB units

to slip so far.

It's unbelievable that Harley would quit making the CB modules. Their best customers,

HOG members, use CBs to safely ride in groups, and provide Harley with repeat customers.

If they actually stop making CBs available they will regret it.

I had heard that HDs supplier was currently making more newer tech. bluetooth units, but

would restart manufacturing in June. Harley should not have allowed their supply of CB units

to slip so far.

Steve..........Welcome to Trike-Talk........ThumbUp...

While looking for your CB, you may want to try to get your hands on the lighted switch pack. Even if you don't find the CB, the new pack can be used.

Good luck

Yep because if you don’t you will have to swap some buttons out from your non lighted switch pack for your old switch pack. Not a huge deal but still has to be swapped. If you do a lot of night driving they are great in in lighted format. Me I don’t plus after a while I know where my buttons are without looking

Yep because if you don’t you will have to swap some buttons out from your non lighted switch pack for your old switch pack. Not a huge deal but still has to be swapped. If you do a lot of night driving they are great in in lighted format. Me I don’t plus after a while I know where my buttons are without looking

The lighted switches I found on H-D website (Part Number: 71500629) still require swapping a couple buttons . . . as did the non-lighted one I just put on my 2024 TG when I installed the CB. I had the lighted ones on m 2020 TG but I personally did not find them all that useful as they were not all that bright. Not all that difficult to swap out but watching Doc Harley's YouTube video made it much easier to understand. The written instructions about how to swap buttons was not all that clear imo. Here is a link to Doc's video:

Just got home from HOG Chapter meeting. Dealer Reps. said Harley, the company, has quit

making CB modules and parts. This is a hard stop on CBs and they will make Bluetooth tech.

their communications choice for the future.

I am currently watching some units on E-Bay. My dealer say's anything 14 and later, will fit my 22 Tri-Glide. Also watching a switch pack too. The CB unit I'm looking at, don't look like they're offering the mounting brackets with them. So, I'm not sure anyone sells those brackets. Still, looking. Thanks for all the comments. Jerry.

I am currently watching some units on E-Bay. My dealer say's anything 14 and later, will fit my 22 Tri-Glide. Also watching a switch pack too. The CB unit I'm looking at, don't look like they're offering the mounting brackets with them. So, I'm not sure anyone sells those brackets. Still, looking. Thanks for all the comments. Jerry.

Dealer is correct - 14 and up BoomBox use the same CB module. They are hard to score on eBay. It should come with mounting bracket but you can just wrap it in some foam / bubble wrap and put it in the space and it will be fine. Buddy did that a few years back.

The JM corp CB is a stand alone CB I would recommend to anybody.

Been using it for over 10 yrs. on my Night Train , and it gave me better reception and transmission

then the OEM Harley CB. You can get Garmin Zumo XT2 audio over it's headset through bluetooth

and play music over the CB. Can also set it up for passenger comms.

https://jmcorp.com/Handlebar-Systems_c_23.html

https://jmcorp.com/assets/images/pdf/JMCB-2003B-3lang-revqxp.pdf

I don't think they make those anymore.Yes they were a great unit.

Well, I found a CB Module on Facebook Market. $150.00. Bought it. Spent 5 1/2 hrs. to get it. But. Excellent condition. Harley still sells the Switch pack. and other items it needs. Wonder what the dealer charges to download a file?

IMG_0707.jpg

I ordered the switch from my dealer. They called and said it was in. I have to wait till Tuesday to pick it up. A friend of mine, said he had a CB antenna, so don't buy one. Then, I can take to the dealer to have it programmed in.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back