Condor Wheel Chock in a Toy Hauler?

Jan 14, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Anyone happen to use a Condor 6400 wheel Chock in their Toy Hauler or trailer to hold the front wheel of their trike from rolling foward or backward along with tie down straps while transporting it?
Ohio Eddie

Anyone happen to use a Condor 6400 wheel Chock in their Toy Hauler or trailer to hold the front wheel of their trike from rolling foward or backward along with tie down straps while transporting it?
Ohio Eddie

Absolutely!! It works great! The Condor comes with a floor bracket you secure to your trailers deck that the unit slides into. Once its in place, you insert a threaded bolt through the floor plate of the stand into the floor bracket. I also place a cable through my from wheel and wrap it around the horizontal front support of the Condor to further ensure the trike won't back out. I never had any problems! :)

Thanks for the info, I seen them at Sturgis last year at Black Hills Harley Davidson show, they really looked good and stable, my wife and I just got a 2012 Tri Glide and a Jayco Octane 33' toyhauler last month and are outfiting the toyhauler for the Tri Glide for this coming summer, trying to make it as safe and accident proof as possible.
Thanks again.

I use the one from Harbor Freight ( $40- ) I put threaded inserts in the floor of the toy hauler and in the bed of the flat bed so when I want to switch between trailers all I have to do is take out 4 bolts. I'm sure its probably not as strong as the condor but I've had it for 4 years now and lots of miles on both with no problems. I not only use it for the trike but for the 2 wheeler as well.

We put the Condors on our trailer. Really nice and sturdy. We had the Baxley chocks on a different trailer prior to these - they were SUPER sturdy but real pricey. We had purchased the Harbor Freight chocks for the current trailer then decided we needed something sturdier - returned them and are very satisfied with the Condors.
We also secure the bike with retractable tie-downs we have installed on the trailer in strategic places. We REALLY like those tie-downs as you don't have to mess with a bunch of tangled "spaghetti" fishing them out of the storage box on the trailer. Yes, you could put them away nice and neat - but then there would be no room for complaint!

WE have the Condors in our toyhauler and they are great. the only trouble we have had is with anchoring it. We first tried placing inserts into the floor and using lag screws to hold our bikes. Pulled out the inserts on first trip. Next I placed Aluminum tread plate on the floor and attaching the Condors to that with bolts through the floor and plate, and that worked great. All this means is you have to check out your flooring before mounting to assure a secure and safe trip.

We got a Wheeldock, uses a piston/spring to lock the wheel. Well made unit, and it seems to really keep the trike secure even it it isn't strapped down. It can be taken off the mount and used to hold up a bike if it doesn't have a centerstand. About the same price as a Condor, which is a well made chock also.

Oh - don't forget that a lot, if not most, trikes have a reversed rear tire on the front. A lot of bikes, even though the rear tire may fit the front, have a larger tire on the rear than on the front. Don't just go by the sizing chart on whatever your choice of chock's website.

WHEELDOCK - The Official Site - wheeldock.com

My landscape trailer is set up for three motorcycles. Front left and front right are Harbor Freight & are for two wheelers. Condor is in the middle over the dual axles & the GW trike goes there.
Only issue is the Harbor Freight unit is too wide for a thin front tires & will not hold the bike upright.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back