Americade 2012

Tis, I'll be there Saturday for breakfast at least. I *might* come up on Friday depending on weather, and see if I can find a room for the night (there's always vacancies towards the end of the week, it seems). If not I'll just drive up Saturday morning - bike if it's good weather, my truck if it's not. Afraid I can't afford Thursday and Friday nights though - not if I want to have money to get to Maggie Valley! ThumbUp

LadyFF (Joanne) and her hubby will be at breakfast; depending on the weather Road Dog may be there as well; and I believe Buggie Pilot said he's at Americade this week, but can't remember if he mentioned breakfast or not.

I mentioned it to a few other trikers on the Americade board, so we may even see some new faces this year too. ;)

What time are you meeting on saturday morning & weres the resturant?? Looks like good weather for saturday ? but that will more than likely change?

The meeting is usually before the parade . We met last year around 9:30-10:00 am I believe.
The restaurant , Longshots , is located in the OTB building almost across from the indoor forum. If you are heading. South on Canada st. ( the main drag ) it will be on your right . Large parking lot. Good food. Reasonably priced . :Trike1:
Don't forget a camera , we need the yearly picture.

Last edited:
What time are you meeting on saturday morning & weres the resturant?? Looks like good weather for saturday ? but that will more than likely change?

Dan, I believe we all agreed on 10am for this year. As of earlier today, the weather was looking good for Saturday....fingers crossed it stays that way!! Since I've just earmarked my room money for something else, it looks like I'll be riding up there and home on Saturday....bike if it's going to be good weather, truck if not. PM me Friday if you want to go up together, and let me know where & when you want to meet! You thinking backroads or highway??

What is your back road route? I would love to join in but afraid I would almost be there by the time we hooked up. My back road route is up 22 to St Ann and across 149. I catch 22 in Armenia, NY :Trike1:

John, I only went backroads once, about 3 years ago. Took about 6 hours to do a 3 1/2 hour trip because I got lost! LOL Good thing it was a great riding day!! ;)

For day trips on my own, I'll do highway - 90 to 87N. Quicker and more direct, so I have more time there. I'm not sure what Road Dog would have planned for Saturday - I know weather is going to play into his decision. I can let you know what he says when I hear from him, if you want!

I would want to go 90 - 87 its about 2.5 hrs or we can take 90 - 20 -22 - 149 thats a good ride about 3.5 hrs. We go to MCDERMOTTS HD that way all the time. Sherri we could meet at the shell gas station at the turnpike in palmer at around 6:00 ? John if you want to meet we could meet you were 20 meets 22 in ny at around 7:15 ? from palmer its about a 175 miles

Dan, either route sounds ok to me as long as a) we get there by 10:00am for breakfast, and b) you don't make me go through the hairpin in Adams. (Can & have done it, just don't care for it.)

I'm up here now, going home in morning, may ride back up sat. depending on weather with you guys. meetup at rest area past Westfield on pike could work.

That sounds good ,keep us posted if you decide to go up with us , they say its going to be in the 80S, couple more trikes WILL HAVE ARE SELFS A FREAKIN CONVOY!!:GL1800:

I would want to go 90 - 87 its about 2.5 hrs or we can take 90 - 20 -22 - 149 thats a good ride about 3.5 hrs. We go to MCDERMOTTS HD that way all the time. Sherri we could meet at the shell gas station at the turnpike in palmer at around 6:00 ? John if you want to meet we could meet you were 20 meets 22 in ny at around 7:15 ? from palmer its about a 175 miles

If we do 90-87, which way do you go? I usually pick up 87 at Exit 1 off 90, but I know a lot of people go 90-787-7-87....just wondering what your preference is. If we do either, it doesn't sound like John will be able to hook up with us?

If we do 90-20-22-149, where would you pick up 20? Is it before or after the Westfield rest area where Jonesy can meet us? And what does it do to our time?

Just trying to get a feel for the route so I can let hubby know about where I'll be & when (I usually try to let someone at home know my routes/destinations, when I know them).

I left on Monday to come up here and it rained 3/4 of the trip. It rained yesterday and was raining this morning already. It is supposed to be nice here on Saturday. Go figure.

WE would meet Jonesy on the turn pike rest area, go to the end of the pike take the first exit in NY thats rt 20 rt20 will run into rt22 were we will meet JOHN go up rt22 to 149 to rt9

[QUOTE=spiritdream; If we do 90-20-22-149, where would you pick up 20? Is it before or after the Westfield rest area where Jonesy can meet us? And what does it do to our time?

Just trying to get a feel for the route so I can let hubby know about where I'll be & when (I usually try to let someone at home know my routes/destinations, when I know them).[/QUOTE

Don't go out of your way for me . Sat is still a dyalisis day for Honey. I am trying to get someone to take her at 7:00 am and pick her up at 10:30 am. The last time she drove to dyalisis her self, 3 weeks ago ,she totaled the car. not worth the risk. Don't forget to bring a camera. A nice shot this year with the trikes would be nice. We have not been able to do,it caus it was raining the last 2 years. ;)

My thought is for John to meet us at what they call a truck stop at 22 and b-3 / 90 exit, close to where you cross under 90. Then we can get back up on 90, and carry on to 87 and go up that way. go up to exit 22 and then we'll be right side of road to turn into otb without crossing traffic. We'll have to be in the parking lot of otb before they close the roads for the 10 am. parade and any time spent on rte. 9 will delay us cause we have to content with bikes going to be in parade.

If you look at a map 22 crosses 90 at b-3 exit not at b-1 what you would think. there is a truck stop at this point, thats where John should meet us, then we could get right back up on 90.

my ### is 413-739-4607 if anyone wants to call me, the rest area on 90 where I would meet you is Blandford, I'm pretty sure. What ever comes after Westfield exit in case I'm wrong. Getting off at b-3 puts you on rte. 22 not 20, which is 8 miles up the road.

Last edited:
That used to be called the goerge port truck stop i would rather 90 - 87 less chance of dear & animals that early in the morning.we go to lebanon valley speedway that way every saturday afternoon.thats fine with me .

Go without me. Honey said it makes her nervous . I have work at 5:30 am on Sun. ...thanks for the offer . Have fun. They are also talking RAIN

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back