Americade 2011

spiritdream

TOI - Massachusetts
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2008
Central MA
Here's what I posted on the Americade site - trying to reach more trikers in the area! Of course, once we do, we can "guide" them here to TrikeTalk/TOI!! ;)

2011 Trikers Breakfast Gathering

OK, I'll start....general concensus seems to be breakfast Saturday morning at Long Shots again, followed by a ride. If memory serves, we met last year around 10am - this is fine with me, but I personally think we might have "missed" a few trikers because of the time being so close to the start of the parade (weather didn't help, of course! LOL).

So, is 10am still a good time for everyone? Earlier, later?

Ride ideas? Fort Ticonderoga was mentioned to me - I have only a vague idea where that is, but does that work for everyone else?

Hopefully, that posting will get a nice turnout for the breakfast/ride. From TrikeTalk/TOI, so far I know of:

John Luciano (hopefully Honey will be able to accompany him this year??)
Buggie Pilot (Pete) & Ursula
Ladyff (Joanne) & her hubby
Me (always a fifth wheel it seem! LOL)
Tis, if I'm not mistaken (I often am though ;))

Not a bad start!! :D

Fort Ticonderoga is quite a ride . my guess up and back with a few sand box stops will be 3 hours and add time there . tickets to tour it are quite pricy as I recall. I don't care but for the people riding home on Sat if we have breakfast and leave by 12:00 we won't get back til 5ish

Sounds like a good idea for a Ride. If you don,t want to tour the Fort there is a place to eat down the road from the Monument that has great strawberry short cake so we could make it a dessert run. I believe the name is Chicken & Biscuits or something like that. I would suggest that anyone that don"t have a room should start calling now.

things have chilled . 6 years ago I would have said you are too late already but now it is possible to get a room for 3 nights with not a lot of calls to motels . What!!! Strawberry shortcake? Did somebody say strawberry shortcake .. I'm there .

Sounds like a good idea for a Ride. If you don,t want to tour the Fort there is a place to eat down the road from the Monument that has great strawberry short cake so we could make it a dessert run. I believe the name is Chicken & Biscuits or something like that. I would suggest that anyone that don"t have a room should start calling now.

Tis, would that be The Hot Biscuit Diner? Everyone seems to rave about their strawberry shortcake. :)

And my room reservations are already made - actually, I have reservations at TWO places! As soon as the second one sends me a confirmation, I'll be cancelling the first. Anyone looking for a room? ;)

Fort Ticonderoga is quite a ride . my guess up and back with a few sand box stops will be 3 hours and add time there . tickets to tour it are quite pricy as I recall. I don't care but for the people riding home on Sat if we have breakfast and leave by 12:00 we won't get back til 5ish

Still looking for ideas, that was just one suggestion. Oh, and I believe I got a Spyder rider to join us too! :)

Our first time up there, we will be at the 6:30 to 9AM Breakfast (already bought tickets) and will be in the Parade. I see trikes assemble at 9:45AM. I hope to meet other trikers up there for rides and other activities.

Hi there! Answered you on the Americade forum too, but I'll be there Wed to Sunday - white & silver Suzuki/Lehman trike, staying at the Lake Crest Inn. Hope we get a chance to meet up! And John is usually in front of the ice cream shop most nights, from what I understand. ;)

Look for this place . I am usually there from 7:00 to about 10:00 most night as long as it aint raining .

Well if u missed my trike parked in front almost every night for the past 8 or 9 years maybe we have

Are you going to have breakfast with us this year. Lets fill up the LONG SHOTS parking lot with trikes

Cheri: You are correct, it is the Hot Biscuit diner, they do have a backroom that has a few long tables so they would be able to accomadate the group....tis

Unfortunately, I'm registered for the Harley Davidson lunch cruise on Saturday, so I won't be able to join the after-breakfast ride. But I'd be happy to try this ride on Thursday or Friday, if anyone else is interested! :)

U gona ride a Harley or are they gona let you ride with them? U R going to make it for breakfast right ? What time is the ride....? Oldtom was asking about Americade

It's one of those cruises on the lake - the only one available on Saturday. I didn't ask if they cared what I ride though. ;)

Of course, I'll be there for breakfast - wouldn't miss it!! :) 10am at Long Shots!! Can't wait!! 3 1/2 months - can't get here soon enough!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back