88 blazer trike

Not done yet though. I still have to finish the wrap around and some dress up,

Next weekend I hope to have the top to my fork mounts done.

Also the top and bottom of my triple tree sill has extra steel on it. I don't want to cut that off until I am 100% sure I don't need it

I bolted the top plate on my welding a 5/8" nut into a 1" then welding the 1" nut into the top of the fork legs.

Not a lot of time this weekend but I am going to try to get some done.

I want to connect the 2 "wrap around" halves and put some shape to it as I do it.

Want to level out the back part as I bring it together

Im still thinking on how I want to top shock mounts

Im hoping to get time Sunday

The work on this is going slower than I want but I just do not have that much time now a days.

so I got as much of my other chores done as I could Saturday so I could work n the trike Sunday.

Power went out Saturday night and did not come back on until Sunday night.

SO did not get anything done to the trike.

I do have to work next Sunday but I do have Saturday off. Hope to have time to work on it then.

Never built a wrap around, but have researched a bit and all that I have seen seem to be a inch or two.

One thing is suspension travel, one wants to make sure that there is enough clearance for the rear of the tire to travel fully with out binding up.

Other than that, all that I seen was it being more what the rider likes and how it looks to them.

OH, okay one other thing that you have to remember, the travel of the steering side to side.

Remember as you turn the wheel the rear is moving the opposite direction.

For me with how my trike frame is the rear wrap around on the front end would wipe out my feet. All is just tight on my trike, but it is also why I am rebuilding my front end, partly to move the front end out from under the trike body and away from my feet some more.

Looking good, it is coming along nicely. :)

Also some use the wrap around for a fender bracket or attaching area for the fender. So that would be the closer wrap around and only about 1/2" on some front ends, this fender mounting distance also has to consider suspension travel of the tire so they do not hit one another.

Im at work today just waiting on someone for I can finish up and go home. Just killing time right now.

I was thinking about 2" Then if I do mount my fender to it I will just user a spacer if needed. Or just have a lot of clearance on my fender. I actually do not know how I will do the fender part yet. I have some crazy ideas but not to that point yet.

Now I need to think about the steering. I want link steering. 2 shafts connected to the top plate going back to another plate and handle bars.

Need to do some research on that

Yesterday my son and I (about 400lbs together) both got on the trike, one of us one each side and bounced up and down like crazy. Everything held up good. No issues.

I have the fender (750 honda) fitted inside the wraparound now....bolted directly, but have a harley style fiberglass fender that will someday find it's way on there.

My wraparound is not tubular and therefore contributes less rigidity than desired.

I have made a mudflap of stock car plastic....1/8" sheet...this bolts on with the fender lower mount.

when I hit a fairly large pump, the mudflap will scrape on the road, makes a noise like scraping metal.

You may want to give some consideration to mudflap design and fender mounting when you are finishing the "wrap".......my .02

trike is looking good, you are making good headway!

so next is my steering rods, rods connected at the forks going back a few feet to another neck and plate where the handle bars are at

I call it a push pull type steering

I plan to use heim joints with rods connected to them

What will give me the best steering straight, smaller at the front or smaller at the rear?

If I go with straight am I correct that wider is better?

if anyone has any pics of Trikes setup like this I would love top see them

steering rods.jpg

not sure...but i think there was a thread here on trike talk about these linkage choices, maybe the non parallel linkages would bind up at some point in their travel? thought the thread discussed this?

Hopefully some one will remember.:confused:

the wraparound looks good, should be plenty rigid.

the 7 in tube will get your handle bars up to a good height.

I like the parallel steering rod idea, then handle bars do not need to be pulled back so far. Some bars are so pulled back it would be like tiller steering!

I have 4 days off coming up.

I hope to get some work done on the Trike then

I have the 2nd neck and some metal to work with

I just need to keep out of site of the Ol'Lady for she doe snot put me to work.

I am headed to the shop to start working on the trike in a few minutes.

On the trike below the front and back necks and plates look to be about the same angle.

I was planning to make the back plate flat(not at an angle) and have bent risers on the front plate to make that connection not at an angle

Capture.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back