14 vs 15 Tri Glide

Seaweed

70+ Posts
Jan 18, 2020
Cape Cod, MA, USA
Hi- second post here. I've been searching for a 2015 but now I see an interesting 2014 nearby. I've tried to read as much as I can on here but was wondering if there were significant improvements from a 14 to a 15? I know the owner and maintenance are the keys but wondered if there were really any other factors between the 2 years. Seemed like 14 had more complaints as it was the first year but would think they would have been addressed by owners by 2020. Thanks!

Hi- second post here. I've been searching for a 2015 but now I see an interesting 2014 nearby. I've tried to read as much as I can on here but was wondering if there were significant improvements from a 14 to a 15? I know the owner and maintenance are the keys but wondered if there were really any other factors between the 2 years. Seemed like 14 had more complaints as it was the first year but would think they would have been addressed by owners by 2020. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

I had a '14 Tri Glide that I was very happy with. I do not believe there were any significant (maybe none?) differences between the 14 and 15.

As you said, just a matter of how the bike was built (regardless of year) and how it was used (or abused) and maintained.

Here's a link to some of what I did with my '14- https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/30249-DK-Custom-PROJECT-TRI-GLIDE-Report-w-Lots-of-Pics

Kevin

A good friend had a 14 and I have the 15. Once in a while, we trade off. I noticed his dash is a little different. The gauges are in a different location but that could have been done by accident. Other than that, they are identical.

I've had 2 2014's and no problems with either one. Not sure if there was much difference between 14 and 15.

Picked up the second 14 with 800 miles on it after totaling my original 14 (which had 35k miles on it) 2 years ago. I negotiated the new one for the exact price I got for my insurance.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back