You might want to check your dealers work

First and foremost, I'm glad you are OK, and were able to drive out of it! Secondly, your story is exactly why none of my bikes has ever been back to a dealer for anything!

UB

Dave like you I also if I want it done right I do it myself.

So glad you are OK and hope that you are OK and hope the dealership comes through. About 10 years ago I had tires put on my car at a KMart, they lifted the hood and checked oil etc. They did not latch the hood, and while going 65 on an interstate, the hood came up, shattered my windshield and completely covered the windshield, luckily I was able to get it off the road without hurting anyone. They took care of everything...except my nerves.

Update as of this afternoon is:

Insurance will be covering loss less my deductible. They are not closing the case and are sending lugs and studs somewhere to be inspected. One can speculate as to where they are wanting to head with this.

Update as of this afternoon is:

Insurance will be covering loss less my deductible. They are not closing the case and are sending lugs and studs somewhere to be inspected. One can speculate as to where they are wanting to head with this.

Keystone glad it appears to be at least heading in the correct direction for you.

I had the same thing happen to me this last weekend. I'm about 200 miles away from home. My pop-up trailere is about 15 miles from where this happened.

As I was pulling up to a stop sign, I hear a loud bang. First thing is to get it off the road. Did that. The right side of the trike was leaning up against the top of the right tire.

All of a sudden this Harley Trike pulled up.(from out of no-where). He says that he has a

pick-up with a trailer at home, 20 minutes.

As we pulling the trike up onto the trailer, my riding partner noticed the lugs nuts were

about to fall off. I kept loading the trike. At the camp ground I backed the trike off and I had an x wrench and did some tightening. BOTH SIDES.

It just so happened that the right side came loose first.

This gut was a saint. That's all I can say about him.

I had a safe trip home on Sunday. I kept checking the lug nuts along the way.

He wanted to take some pictures to show his Harley Buddies on how it looks to see a Honda Trike on his trailer..

I am so glad you are OK. Had a problem with my trike (mechanic kinked the gasket to the valve cover - oil leaked all over. Called the dealership and they offered to come pick me up. They spent three plus hours cleaning it and retesting the trike. Same wrencher changed the front tire and he activated the front brake while the tire was off the bike. Then after a 753 mile ride this weekend my trike broke down 7 miles from my home. Dealership was so apologetic and gave me a new tire and valve stem.

I would demand all monies you expended because of their error. People have to be held accountable. While on my trip the maid neglected to make my bed.

I demanded and got a $10.00 price deduction for the room. It was not the money, but to hold the motel accountable.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back