Windshield

Mykneesbehurtin

1500+ Posts
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2016
Dayton Ohio
Trying to get some ideas on a different windshield for my 17 Tri Glide.With the stock one I have to either kinda duck down to see thru it or sit very straight up to see over it.I'm about 5' 8",so what are ya'all running other than stock.I would rather look just over it than thru it.

I'm 5"8" also had same problem

I use a 9" Long ride shields flat top for us it is the best thing I have come up with. Passenger get less wind than ever with the flat top. I now have 6 in boxes in the garage one new 9" elite recurve replacement for a defective one. Bride does not want anymore experiments with windshields very happy with the flat top. :good:ride safely Fred

Attachments

• DSC00268.JPG
    DSC00268.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC00148.JPG
    DSC00148.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 492
  • DSC00144.JPG
    DSC00144.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 501
  • DSC00125.JPG
    DSC00125.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 476
  • DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 484
I've used a couple of Fast Aire windshields on two different bikes. I believe I paid $28 plus shipping for them. They come in different heights, and shades and I think mine arrived in about 3 days. Check it out here: http://www.fastaire.com

PC

You may have to copy and paste as that doesn't look like it's going to come up as a link.

Long Ride Shields are on sale right now or at least the last time I looked, 70 percent off. I plan on buying one from them but not right now, will wait for another sale, I'm not riding yet but know if I bought from them I could send it back if not right as long as I don't take the film off, looking at the wide flat like fearless has, more for me, hopefully I can wear a hat with it and not blow off, my stock is ok, just can't wear a hat with it, tries to blow off, it is 10" so not decided if I want to go with a 10" or 9", I'm 5' 9".

Check out LRS

All for now Trampas

Trying to get some ideas on a different windshield for my 17 Tri Glide.With the stock one I have to either kinda duck down to see thru it or sit very straight up to see over it.I'm about 5' 8",so what are ya'all running other than stock.I would rather look just over it than thru it.

Rule of thumb is you want to be looking about 1"-2" above your windshield. That's sitting in you normal riding position. You do not want to be looking thru your windshield. You'll get too much distortion looking thru the windshield....and don't worry about the rain, look around the sides. AND do not use things like RainX...they will destroy your windshield.

For years the way we've done it is to take a 36" carpenters level and with the help of a friend, basically rest the level on your nose extended out to your windshield. Mark a spot on the windshield when it is level. Then cut or buy one that is an inch below that spot.

I'm 6'1" and run a KlockWorks 8 1/2" heavy tinted riding a Harley Hammock seat. But you know I've been riding for 65+ years and got my first windshield in '02 when I bought my first bagger. Up until then a bandanna and goggles were my windshield.

8~\o

Long Ride Shields are the most bang for the buck ... great quality and huge variety. Check their website ... they have a key to measuring for your correct shield height for your taste.

We put on a Freedom Shield windshield. We both really like it. It has decreased the wind a lot and we can converse much easier. The price was great and they were very helpful. Great return policy which is an added comfort when ordering!

Like Fearless, I have a box of windshields I have tried in the past. For us, the LRS 10" flat top in light tint is the best. I am 5' 11" and it is perfect for me and the wife loves it as it cut down the amount of wind she felt.

I just installed a 8" re curve LRS. At 6-1" I see over the top perfect and I did help a bit with the wind vs the stock shield which was right in my line of sight . Doc

Nice

If you ride two up the passenger will most likely not be happy if you ever remove the flat top windshield we (bride) loves what it has done for her wind buffeting. Nice choice :good: I'm 5'8" 9 inch for us travel safely Fearless

10" Long Ride Shields Flat Top Recurve (light tint). I am 6" 2".

View attachment 44343

Attachments

• DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 180

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back