Which windshield for GL1500SE trike?

TwoBye

550+ Posts
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2014
Washington C. H.
I am currently looking at windshields for my trike. F4+4 looks very nice, clear w/vent, but it is the highest priced one so far. Also looking at a replacement windshield that is 4" taller than stock and looks 'OK' and is made by Cee Baileys.

What are the collective thoughts and/or opinions on these? Thanks guys and gals.

I've had every one on the market on one of my 9 Wings but if you buy an F4 you will never need to buy another one. They are pricey but they are great. No swirls after 3 yrs, easy to clean and clear as can be. After 35 months it looks brand new and I've ridden 31K with that shield on the bike.

OK guys, I have ordered the F4+4 with vent (clear) for my trike. It's hard to argue with all the positive comments. Thanks everyone!

OK guys, I have ordered the F4+4 with vent (clear) for my trike. It's hard to argue with all the positive comments. Thanks everyone!

Another vote for the F4 +4! I'm on my third season with this shield and it continues to be amazing. It cleans up very easy with the F4 Cleaner and the clarity is terrific. It beads and sheds the rain very well so you maintain good vision riding in the rain. With the +4 and mirror wings you are doing the best you can to keep the wind off of yourself and your passenger. :)

I'm a little late to the "party" but, you made a wise decision going w/the F4!

Mine is the +4 tinted/vented. Best shield I have ever had in over 50yrs of riding!

I did install a piece of clear door edge guard across the top of it. Helps keep water from running over the top and down the backside.

Clean it with Windex and paper towels. No need to apply anything else to it!

I'm a little late to the "party" but, you made a wise decision going w/the F4!

Mine is the +4 tinted/vented. Best shield I have ever had in over 50yrs of riding!

I did install a piece of clear door edge guard across the top of it. Helps keep water from running over the top and down the backside.

Clean it with Windex and paper towels. No need to apply anything else to it!

That's the part I like, clean it with good ole Windex and paper towels. If I had done that to my old shield I would have ruined it.

I've had the f4 6 years now its in excellent condition.. I wouldn't get the vent heard complaints rattling noise. I also recommend the +4 you'll never regret it..

Tell you what gang, I got the plus 4 and installed it this morning. My old windshield was at least 4 to 5 inches taller than this one when I stood them both up together on the floor but with the new F4+4 installed on the trike ....... all of a sudden when I sit on it I look thru the shield where I used to look over the shield with my old one. Talk about confused? But then I saw where the new one is at a different angle and made entirely different than the old one. WOW! I REALLY like this new shield. Mine appears to have an oily residue on it when I set it in the direct sunlight so I'll need to clean it once over good I guess.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back