What Windshield for 2012 Goldwing Trike Tulsa or F4 or Honda Line

Apr 25, 2015
Lexington Sc
What Windshield for 2012 Goldwing Trike Tulsa or F4 or Honda Line

I have a stock windshield and want to upgrade to larger one my passenger is getting a lot of wind. Is a F4 really worth $425 when you can get a Tulsa or Honda line for $200? Your help +2 or +4 Tulsa now offers a the stock OEM style +4 or Traditional Air Dynamic style ? What about in the rain ?

I have a stock windshield and want to upgrade to larger one my passenger is getting a lot of wind. Is a F4 really worth $425 when you can get a Tulsa or Honda line for $200? Your help +2 or +4 Tulsa now offers a the stock OEM style +4 or Traditional Air Dynamic style ? What about in the rain ?

Howdy Paul. Welcome to Trike Talk.

I'd suggest a two phase cure. Depending on how tall you are go with the +2 or +4 F4. Also add a set of Baker Hand Wings.

Yes the F4 is expensive but it will outlast the others by at least twice (really scratch resistant) and you'll get the much better performance. My wife insisted in a face shield until I added the Baker Hand Wings. You will not believe the difference and you will reap the benefits also.

I've never used the Tulsa shield but several have mentioned getting rain off the shield - not good. It would be great if you could find someone with one you could set behind at least....

To me the OEM shield is not an option. Too flimsy and too much wind buffeting.

Please don't make your decision based on costs.
The wind screen is a vital part of your trike.
I personally have learned the hard way by buying too many different types of shields for the GW.
Most here and they are correct will say. Go with the +2. You can still adjust this one up and down.
The F+4 is not adjustable. Depending on your height sitting you may or may not like looking through it all the time. Rather then over it.
I currently have the National V-Stream on the trike. While it greatly reduces turbulence. In the rain at its highest position. Due to its curvature. It will toss the rains right in your face. Useless for me and Im only 5"10. I know you didn't ask about this one. But Im begging you to not even consider it.
Im coming up on rainy season down here and wish I still had the stock screen at this time.
Id offer you my +4 but I screwed it up using a scotch brite sponge. I wasn't thinking, I though I had the soft side on the windscreen.
A momentarily LARGE lapse in memory.:AGGHH: 1 swipe on a bug splat and it was wrecked but good.

JaysGone is right. To me the wind screen is worth paying a little more seeing how your looking threw it all the time. If you like the F4 you might take a look at what Optic Armor has to offer also.

The F+4 is also wider and gives great wind protection. F+2 is not. And, you don't need to pay that much. Mine cost $345.00.

One of best things I have put on my wing was the F4+2, w/tint. Very Very clear, Water runoff is excellent, Cleans very easily w/out scratching.ThumbUp

F4+4 plus all of the Baker wings Call them they will give you a package deal . Worth the money.

I used X-Tall Tulsa's w/v on my wings. Finally got tired of the rain coming over the top and on my lap. Went with a F4+4 w/v on my present Trike and wow, what a great shield.
I did get a small scratch on it and they replaced it for free at Wing Ding last year.
Top company IMHO !!

Good point I have started with hand wings Thanks

Howdy Paul. Welcome to Trike Talk.

I'd suggest a two phase cure. Depending on how tall you are go with the +2 or +4 F4. Also add a set of Baker Hand Wings.

Yes the F4 is expensive but it will outlast the others by at least twice (really scratch resistant) and you'll get the much better performance. My wife insisted in a face shield until I added the Baker Hand Wings. You will not believe the difference and you will reap the benefits also.

I've never used the Tulsa shield but several have mentioned getting rain off the shield - not good. It would be great if you could find someone with one you could set behind at least....

To me the OEM shield is not an option. Too flimsy and too much wind buffeting.

Thanks great tips I knew I would get some good advice watch for me in your mirrors I'm still learning 600 miles plus Mr Cement

Not my experiance

I currently have the National V-Stream on the trike. While it greatly reduces turbulence. In the rain at its highest position. Due to its curvature. It will toss the rains right in your face. Useless for me and Im only 5"10. I know you didn't ask about this one. But Im begging you to not even consider it.

Im coming up on rainy season down here and wish I still had the stock screen at this time.

I have had the V-Stream on my trike for over 4k miles and my experiance is completely different. I can see over it or through it depending on how it is adjusted. The rain goes right over my wifes and my heads.

It rally cut down the buffeting from the stock screen I couldn't be more pleased with it.

5'8" but look thru..... not over..... Use the F4+4 with a PeerClear Wiper System and a 12" Piece of Clear Edging on top of the windshield to send the balance of rain water off the sides..... not in my face....

Attachments

• IMG_1505.JPG
    IMG_1505.JPG
    965.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1519.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 71
I have a Tulsa x tall and been riding with it 7 years and 60,000 miles. When I first got the wing tried just the baker wings with the stock windshield. The missus was getting the snot beat out of her from turbulence. Im 6 ft 2 and shes just 5 ft. Added the Tulsa and it made a big difference. Awhile later I also added the Kury airfoil and that made more of a difference,probably because of her height in the saddle and we always ride 2 up.

I installed the F4 standard height on my GL1500 last year and couldn't be happier. My old shield would scratch easily and on sunny days I'd struggle to see through it. Could not see at all when it rains. I'm about 5'-10" and the top of the shield is even with my eyes. If I get in bad weather I can sit up really straight and see over it if necessary. I've put about 10,000 miles on it without a scratch. Best thing is you can use windex and paper towels to clean it, not a special soft cloth and OEM cleaner. I don't get any buffeting but my wife does get some on the highway. If that's an issue for you I'd get one of the taller shields.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back