What Mufflers on your HD ?

I have a 2010 TriGlide and I'd like to change to a deeper sound. If it's a little louder, all the better. Hope to learn something from this thread.

keepem coming

Screaming Eagle Fatshotz for me. The bonus is that they are tuneable. You can add sound or not and change the power band according to both HD and Supertrapp who sells them as Fatshots.

:Agree:I love Supertrapp tune able disc mufflers, I've been running one of their Supermeg on my 06 Ultra since 2007. Its been on everything from a mild 95" build to the present 120" build.

muffler,s tooooo louddddddddd!!!!!

this is what i have done so far. i have a 2015 triglide with a s&s powertune header system/stealth air cleaner/ mid pipe adaptor kit/tailgunner gunships/and a power vision tuner. the tailgunner,s are coming off and going to standing next to the v&h classic turn downs that are even louder yet. my question to all of you is there are muffler set out there that is more what i am looking for? my next step would be to put the stock muffler,s back on and try them out.

this is what i have done so far. i have a 2015 triglide with a s&s powertune header system/stealth air cleaner/ mid pipe adaptor kit/tailgunner gunships/and a power vision tuner. the tailgunner,s are coming off and going to standing next to the v&h classic turn downs that are even louder yet. my question to all of you is there are muffler set out there that is more what i am looking for? my next step would be to put the stock muffler,s back on and try them out.

SE Fatshotz, try them I think you will like them, plus as mentioned above you can tune them.

After having V&H Monster Rounds and before that SuperTrapp Megaphones; both of them too loud, I installed the FuelMoto E Series slip on's. They have the tunable disc's like SuperTrapp, but are oval shaped and are more quiet. I like the sound of them too, now I can hear the radio and not the "drone". They also sound very nice. The chart FM provided showed the SE was 3 decibels more quiet than VH, but it seems even more quiet than that.
Tomorrow it is going on the dyno after the 113 build recently completed. Excited to feel the difference after that!

Anyone interested in V&H Monster Rounds or SuperTrapp Meg. take-off's?

After having V&H Monster Rounds and before that SuperTrapp Megaphones; both of them too loud, I installed the FuelMoto E Series slip on's. They have the tunable disc's like SuperTrapp, but are oval shaped and are more quiet. I like the sound of them too, now I can hear the radio and not the "drone". They also sound very nice. The chart FM provided showed the SE was 3 decibels more quiet than VH, but it seems even more quiet than that.
Tomorrow it is going on the dyno after the 113 build recently completed. Excited to feel the difference after that!

Anyone interested in V&H Monster Rounds or SuperTrapp Meg. take-off's?

I'm surprised the supertrapp were too loud, I'm running a supermeg with 26 disc and a closed cap on on the 120 I have in my 06 Ultra, its pretty quiet.

I'm surprised the supertrapp were too loud, I'm running a supermeg with 26 disc and a closed cap on on the 120 I have in my 06 Ultra, its pretty quiet.

I also have the V&H true duals which I think contribute to the volume. I had 18 discs per side with the ST plus closed end caps. The ST were better than the V&H, but the SE FuelMoto is "perfect".
I notice the sound more now that it is a trike than when it was a 2 wheeler. Also, it seems to be louder inside my helmet; hard to explain but the volume is (was) more annoying with a full face than with a half helmet. The pitch of the V&H Monster Round was higher and had more "bark".
I'm glad I took a chance on these, and as you know what you hear on someone else's bike does not always sound the same on your own - been there, done that!
Loudest pipe I ever had was the D&D Fatcat which came on the bike; my Gosh, I set off car alarms all over the place with that one!

I also have the V&H true duals which I think contribute to the volume. I had 18 discs per side with the ST plus closed end caps. The ST were better than the V&H, but the SE FuelMoto is "perfect".
I notice the sound more now that it is a trike than when it was a 2 wheeler. Also, it seems to be louder inside my helmet; hard to explain but the volume is (was) more annoying with a full face than with a half helmet. The pitch of the V&H Monster Round was higher and had more "bark".
I'm glad I took a chance on these, and as you know what you hear on someone else's bike does not always sound the same on your own - been there, done that!
Loudest pipe I ever had was the D&D Fatcat which came on the bike; my Gosh, I set off car alarms all over the place with that one!

I tried a set of the V&E true duals years ago, they lasted about a month before they came off and went on Ebay. I didn't like the torque dip in the lower RPM, and yes in deed, they made my once nice mufflers sound like crappy noise makers. I went back to the factory head pipe for awhile, which put the torque back where I wanted it on a heavy touring bike. Later on I went to a Supermeg which I have stuck with since 2007. The one I have has been on everything from a mild 95" build to the present 120.

Freewheeler, factory mufflers with 3/8 inch hole in bot mufflers.catless head pipe.

How you liking the 120?
When I built my super glide I was on a face off, either the 120 or build a 113 from scratch.
Could not make up my mind.
I finally gave in with 113 from scratch, will kinda from scratch.

Freewheeler, factory mufflers with 3/8 inch hole in bot mufflers.catless head pipe. How you liking the 120? When I built my super glide I was on a face off, either the 120 or build a 113 from scratch. Could not make up my mind. I finally gave in with 113 from scratch, will kinda from scratch.

My 120 is from scratch, brand new SE cases, Dark Horse crankworks prepped crank, Head Quarters ported heads, Head Quarters CP pistons, Head Quarters 0033 cams and HPI 55 mm throttle body with 5.3gps injectors. I almost went 124 but decided to stick with the 120. I put some pictures and what not in a thread when I did the build http://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...-120-quot-Build-(Lots-of-Pictures)?highlight=.

Dark horse did my crank and cases to. I went with the ss585 cams and stage 4 heads. Custom made throttle body by hpi.
Bet you have a blast on it. I know I love riding the 113.

Dark horse did my crank and cases to. I went with the ss585 cams and stage 4 heads. Custom made throttle body by hpi. Bet you have a blast on it. I know I love riding the 113.

Oh yeah its a hoot to ride, when it isn't breaking the back tire loose its picking the front end up.

I had Fatshotz on my 2012 TG - not much louder then stock but a deeper tone. I just heard the new Cobra Race Pro slip ons- WOW!! They have the deepest tone I've ever heard from any slip on....and not as obnoxiously loud like Rineharts. ThumbUp
I may be tempted to go over to the dark side and try those - they even look great.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back