Quieter Mufflers

Unclebill

10+ Posts
Oct 22, 2023
Lakeland, Florida, USA
Sorry if this subject has been around, but my searches came up empty.

I live in a snooty hoa community, and I need to find some slip-ons that will reduce the noise as I'm leaving for work at 0530 on my 2023 Tri Glide.

Any useful input would be appreciated!

I live in a snooty hoa community, and I need to find some slip-ons that will reduce the noise as I'm leaving for work at 0530 on my 2023 Tri Glide.

well what do u have on now ???? thought stock were fairly soft

Bill take a look at D K Customs thunder toques… I put them on my 2011 Triglide to quiet up my rush slip Ons. And it also as a bonus gave me more Low end performance.👍👍

Bill, your ( if stock) mufflers have not been changed or altered are pretty low decibel and EPA certified. They have not changed since at least since 2018

You may need to have this conversation with your dealer on options that will work for you while still being EPA complaint and not voiding your warranty

Bill I was just looking at your profile you have a 2023 Triglide and if your mufflers are stock’I don’t know what to tell you ! You aren’t gonna get them much quieter..?

I Dunno

Thanks guys.

I do have stock mufflers.

When I talked to my local dealer they said "I dunno".

When I talked to HD customer service they also said "I dunno".

I thought about the Thunder Torque Inserts, but when I talked to DK Customs they said they aren't suitable for those stock mufflers.

I'm thinking about TAB Performance B.A.M. mufflers that have a 1.75" baffle option that they call 'quiet'.

For $650 I think they are worth a shot.

Thanks again!

Bill -are you new to this development and/or, is this your first bike there?

Who is telling you that your bike is too loud? I have to think that if it meets state/city/local guidelines, it may be wrong for an HOW to tell you it is too loud.

Try to have a talk with them.

Bill -are you new to this development and/or, is this your first bike there?

Who is telling you that your bike is too loud? I have to think that if it meets state/city/local guidelines, it may be wrong for an HOW to tell you it is too loud.

Try to have a talk with them.

I think he’s just anticipating that it’s too loud…?…The air cooled engine is louder than the exhaust pipes in stock form…..

The stock mufflers meet epa standards, unless your HOA has decibel standards in the covenants and bylaws you should be good. Is someone already complaining to the board ?

This usually Works for me Tell Them To Go F themselves & F The F OFF ! Install a 2 into 1 Bassani Road Rage Give them something to Bitch About :D You aint going to find anything more Quiet than stock.

Absolutely no one changes out stock mufflers to make the bike quieter. Seriously doubt any aftermarket exhaust wound be quieter than stock.

Sorry if this subject has been around, but my searches came up empty.I live in a snooty hoa community, and I need to find some slip-ons that will reduce the noise as I'm leaving for work at 0530 on my 2023 Tri Glide.

Bill, you didn't mention whether your HOA is a gated community or not.

I live in an HOA that is not gated. Therefore the streets are public. Ohio, as does Florida, not have a motor vehicle inspection program.

My '13 has Vance & Hines True Duals. Louder than stock, yes, but have had no complaints.

Let them complain, but if your HOA rules and regulations don't prohibit motorcycles, tell them to "pack sand"

BTW, I used to live in a gated community in Port St Lucie that did not prohibit motorcycles. Seven years and not one complaint!

RER

No one has actually complained.

It's been long enough now that if anyone was going to, I think they would have.

I was just looking for options in case my closest neighbor gets fed up with me waking them at 0530 every weekday.

Thanks everyone!

Harleys aren't like your old mans Harley any more, You don't have to sit at an idle goosing the throttle to warm it up...Start it up and by the time you get your helmet on you just ride off normally....ThumbUp..

I Think It's Okay

Rhino 2,

I actually coast out of the garage by gravity power fully geared and ready.

Then after I start it, I give it about 30 seconds or so, then ease away.

I think the closest neighbors have figured out that I take it as easy as possible on them in the early mornings. Any other time I make a lot more noise.

I'm sure they can tell the difference.

Rhino 2,

I actually coast out of the garage by gravity power fully geared and ready.

Then after I start it, I give it about 30 seconds or so, then ease away.

I think the closest neighbors have figured out that I take it as easy as possible on them in the early mornings. Any other time I make a lot more noise.

I'm sure they can tell the difference.

Yep.....Courtesy works wonders with the neighbors....Its like we say here in Jersey;

You can catch more flys with dead Squirrels than you can with Honey...:laugh::laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back