Quieter Mufflers

Rhino 2,

I actually coast out of the garage by gravity power fully geared and ready.

Then after I start it, I give it about 30 seconds or so, then ease away.

I think the closest neighbors have figured out that I take it as easy as possible on them in the early mornings. Any other time I make a lot more noise.

I'm sure they can tell the difference.

Only remedy I can think of is trade it in for a Honda Trike. :cool:

Had a Goldwing

When we decided on a new trike, we looked at Goldwings. We had one for several years.

As much as we liked it, the fact that new ones start at $45,000 made me look at Harleys again.

Mine had zero miles on it with Prospect Gold and Vivid Black paint for $40,888.

There are easily 10 or more Harley dealerships with factory trained techs for every Honda dealer that might have a Goldwing guy.

Harleys also fit me better ergonomically. I just adjust the mirrors and ride.

All that combined made this purchase a no-brainer.

At this point I'm not looking back.

This is my fourth Harley, three of which I bought new.

I intend to keep this one for a long time.

Ride a lot. Be safe!

Thanks guys.

I do have stock mufflers.

When I talked to my local dealer they said "I dunno".

When I talked to HD customer service they also said "I dunno".

I thought about the Thunder Torque Inserts, but when I talked to DK Customs they said they aren't suitable for those stock mufflers.

I'm thinking about TAB Performance B.A.M. mufflers that have a 1.75" baffle option that they call 'quiet'.

For $650 I think they are worth a shot.

Thanks again!

We sell the TAB exhaust, and it is a good exhaust. However, it is not going to be quieter than stock.

There are slip-ons that are quieter than stock, and they also produce more power than stock.

Those are the disc style SuperTrapp mufllers. There are a few companies making disc style exhaust...so look around for what would be best for you.

Here's a video we made...they perform almost as good as the loudest and strongest aftermarket se up.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back