What is the best after market part you have added to your RIDE?

I just got some of the DK board extensions for my 2015. Not on yet ( I screwed up my back good) but I think they will really help me be able to move my feet around. I will need to lengthen my cable to my new under-boards leds a few inches though.

anything that will help with comfort for both rider and passenger.
The pipes and cams can wait fer a spell.
Hasn't been done as of yet, double memory foam for the seat and have it widened some for the wife.
Appointment is next month. Can't wait.
Cams and exhaust, w/tune this fall

I put my DK board extensions on today. Some added comfort.
The only problem...those stupid chrome plated bolt threads. It Doubled the installation time dealing with them!! It Wouldn't have been as big a prob if I had a 3/8" die. A tap for cleaning out threads would have been a help also. I had every metric die/tap I could want but no bigger than 5/16 tap and no die.
My recommendation to DK is to forget the chrome bolts. They aren't needed anyway, and get stainless bolts from now on. Chrome bolts aren't noticeable in the slightest and probably pretty expensive.
Before someone suggest trying to clear threads with a 3/8 nut, well I couldn't find one. Except the one I took off the right side.....which I'd already put back on! :>)

You MUST have the proper Grade 8 or better bolts. I had to clean the threads (gun bore bronze brush) to get all the old loctite out before installing new bolts with new blue loctite. Gun bore cleaning kit and brushes is an essential part of my Harley tool box .... to clean out old loctite before using new loctite. When I can I chuck it in my cordless drill and have at it.

Bob :Dorag:

heat fans

Trike gets hot in any type of stop and go traffic. Just installed the partswerks fans and what a difference. The thermal on-off switch is a real nice part. As for the other stuff. Let your wallet be your guide. trike fans 3.jpg

You MUST have the proper Grade 8 or better bolts. I had to clean the threads (gun bore bronze brush) to get all the old loctite out before installing new bolts with new blue loctite. Gun bore cleaning kit and brushes is an essential part of my Harley tool box .... to clean out old loctite before using new loctite. When I can I chuck it in my cordless drill and have at it.

I have often used steel or brass brushes to clean old locktite off bolts I'm going to reuse. My main problem with the kit was the chromed bolt threads. Chromed bolts aren't needed. It is evidentky a big enough problem that DK mentions it in his instructions? So why not do away with them? Stainless bolts would just be more than fine.
The gun bore brushes would have been great!! Crap! I've got a ton of those in every gauge and never thought of using them for a bit of cleaning bike threads. Not sure how good the bore solvent would work on locktite but I'm up to try it next time I have a re-locktite job!
I sure wish I had the tap/die sets for Americano that I have for Metric. :>)
but again, the chrome bolts aren't need or show.

Mustang seats:

20141210_145639_zps7638108a.jpg

2014 - 11K+ miles > I'm revoking my previous post .... and now going with de-catted stock headpipe and Nightrider FL-ViED-10s Air:Fuel adjustment harness.

WOW What a difference. Way less heat, better performance, and slightly louder sound (stock mufflers). A simple solution that is working well for me.

If/when the day comes for a cam change, I will go all out for a proper tuner and exhaust system.

2014 - 11K+ miles > I'm revoking my previous post .... and now going with de-catted stock headpipe and Nightrider FL-ViED-10s Air:Fuel adjustment harness.

WOW What a difference. Way less heat, better performance, and slightly louder sound (stock mufflers). A simple solution that is working well for me.

If/when the day comes for a cam change, I will go all out for a proper tuner and exhaust system.

Bob :Dorag:[/QUOTE Working good for me too Bob except I have Rush slipon mufflers. 20,00 on my 2014

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back