Best Way To Clean Grime Off Oil Cooler/Fan Assembly

JTJersey

800+ Posts
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2021
Millville NJ USA
Crawling around under my '21 Freewheeler today I noticed a bit of road scum on the wiring and fan assembly of my oil cooler. Any suggestions on the best way to get under there and clean it up without damaging anything?

Crawling around under my '21 Freewheeler today I noticed a bit of road scum on the wiring and fan assembly of my oil cooler. Any suggestions on the best way to get under there and clean it up without damaging anything?

With the cooler on my tri glide I’ll spray it down with the dawn detergent, and turn my hot water hose on and just hold it down and if I have to just brush it little bit, When I come back from camp. I have to drive a mile on a dirt and gravel road, that cooler always has to be cleaned by time I get home …To me dawn is a miracle cleaner better than grease remover ..��..

Didn't have any Dawn or Simple Green, but the wife had something similar so away I went. Not perfect, but a whole lot better than what it was. Happier for now until I can get to the store for something better.

Didn't have any Dawn or Simple Green, but the wife had something similar so away I went. Not perfect, but a whole lot better than what it was. Happier for now until I can get to the store for something better.

I don’t know about your wife, But if I take anything of my wife’s and bring it down to the garage that thing becomes a garage tool , And then never to enter the house again..

And don’t get me started about when I took her hair dryer down to the garage to remove those warning stickers plastered all over my new Trike..:afraid:

I don’t know about your wife, But if I take anything of my wife’s and bring it down to the garage that thing becomes a garage tool , And then never to enter the house again..

And don’t get me started about when I took her hair dryer down to the garage to remove those warning stickers plastered all over my new Trike..:afraid:

I learned the hard way not to use the oven to heat black wrinkle paint on a Harley cylinder head:p

JT, if you douch your fan and cooler be sure to do it both directions

You can reach the inside of the bottom of the fan shroud from under the trike

The oil that dribbles down from the oil filter during oil changes ends up there;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back