What do you pack in your Trunk when you travel ?

Oct 29, 2021
Manahawkin
My wife no longer likes to ride , (she would rather be with the grand kids) so this is what I pack when I go for a few days on my rides to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I pack

A Cell phone ( with the location on) wife wants to know where I am.

A wire to charge the cell phone

A Garmin GPS

A cardio ( for the GPS and Tunes) with the charging wire

A mini air compressor and tire patch kit

A jump pack

A tool bag with a combo allen set , combo screwdriver, tie wraps, wire , a small socket set , Assorted fuses

Rain gear with foot covers and hand covers

A rain cover for the bike when parked

an extra set of keys

A USB wire that connects to the battery charging plug

Cleaners and rags

Some bunges to tie down the Tbag

Some water and snacks

A map

My reservations

Did I forget something?

Wow I forgot the First aid kit Thank you Sunman

If I had a FOB ( no security system on mine) Jack, but those are a good thing to have.

Forgot sun block for my arms, face and nose

Depending on where I'm going, time of year and for how long I might not take anything. If I'm running 4 or 5 states out I'll stick the following in the trunk:

Backpack with enough shorts, t-shirts & socks for duration of trip.

1 heavy shirt Toothbrush, toothpaste, etc, Netbook to keep on top of business related needs, KelTek PF9 9mm with 3 magazine reloads, Denim jacket & leather jacket ,Tool rool that I've had since my Panhead days, Mini tire inflater & flat repair kit, Cover for the trike.

Always in the trunk: 2 pair gloves (I tend to loose them), Spare HD fob battery, Rag, USB connector to charge phone, First aid kit

Depending on where I'm going, time of year and for how long I might not take anything. If I'm running 4 or 5 states out I'll stick the following in the trunk:

Backpack with enough shorts, t-shirts & socks for duration of trip.

1 heavy shirt Toothbrush, toothpaste, etc, Netbook to keep on top of business related needs, KelTek PF9 9mm with 3 magazine reloads, Denim jacket & leather jacket ,Tool rool that I've had since my Panhead days, Mini tire inflater & flat repair kit, Cover for the trike.

Always in the trunk: 2 pair gloves (I tend to loose them), Spare HD fob battery, Rag, USB connector to charge phone, First aid kit

If you keep your stock shifter, carry some zip ties for when the cheapo joints fail;)

This is what the stock cheapo linkage looks like when it fails

harley_broken_shift_linkage_ball_cuff_wear_759916_1c48c9dae6fb5d300c210c55e891764c93695570.jpg

Items always in my trunk are a rain jacket and pants, hi-viz safety vest, extra gloves, spare riding glasses, neck gaiters, a hat, tire repair/inflation kit, little HOG insulated bag for water and snacks, bungee cords, pen and paper, rags, first aid and a sweatshirt. Ample space remains if I need to pack for an extended trip. I have a bag that I can strap to the luggage rack if needed. I have a few little items in the windshield bag like chewing gum, Tums, a flashlight, eyeglasses, etc. I carry a multi-tool and a handgun on my belt.

Ok Jim I meant in the trunk.

My under ware, socks, shoes, tooth brush, deodorant, clothes , extra sweat shirt, meds, would be on the luggage rack in a water proof T-bag. (I may be old , but that old)

A high res vest or Jacket is a good idea , I have to get one.

No gun, I live in NJ , You can get arrested for a slingshot here.

I did not even think about the shifter , Good call Jim and Jack

The list I have is what I always have in the trunk (except for the GPS) when I ride

I was wondering if I should carry a spare set of under ware for those OH CR$P moments in the trunk all the time.

In the trunk space, I pack tools, led flares, headlamp, gloves, hand syphon gas pump, rain gear, half bike cover, fold up cane, towel, night and day goggles, extra pair boots, extra jacket and quick change of clothes, DC plug in tire pump. That's about it for the trunk. More clothes and first aid kit go in a viking bag and straps between sissy bar backrest and rider backrest. Another duffle bag of clothes and whatever else I need for the trip gets strapped on the luggage rack.

On longer trips, in addition to the essentials mentioned, I have a medium-small soft sided cooler with hard insert. I carry some bottled water with ice. In the pockets I carry a set of silverware, paper plates and towels, and a corkscrew. Oh, I forgot, I also include a bit of Rum and Diet Cola.

I have found that real silverware and paper plates come in real handy when getting take-out to eat in the motel when on the road. (The Rum & Diet comes in handy too)..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back