Tour pack reinforcement

Just thought I would post this, no I don't know of any brackets that could help you out, tour pak is only for 25lbs or less, have to remember that the lid is fiberglass or plastic not sure what it is but for one thing it is expensive to replace if cracked or broken because of something heavy put on it. Personally I don't think brackets would help you out, it is the weight of it on the lid.

Good luck on what you decide

All for now Trampas

Looking to put heavy luggage on tour pack has anyone know of any brackets made for this between trunk and tour pack

On my last Ultra and two of my last trikes I have always installed the tour pack adjustable relocation kits (sold by DK). In addition I have always had luggage racks on top of my tour packs. When we travel long distances our tour pack is loaded and we utilize a large soft bag on the luggage rack that weighs probably 30 pounds. Never had an issue. IMHO the heavy duty relocation kit distributes the weight better between the tour pack and the trunk on a Harley Trike.

The weak link is the legs of the BBQ grill. They're only about a half inch dia. and support all the weight of what ever you put on it. I always used large washers to spread the pressure out. They make stand offs that lift the grill up and spread the weight out also. Just forget where I saw them.

The weak link is the legs of the BBQ grill. They're only about a half inch dia. and support all the weight of what ever you put on it. I always used large washers to spread the pressure out. They make stand offs that lift the grill up and spread the weight out also. Just forget where I saw them.

Ciro rack lift kit

https://ciro3d.com/products/dryforce-lift-kit-for-harley-davidson%C2%AE-tour-pak-rack?_pos=1&_psq=rack+lift&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I have had more than my share of Harley's over the years. I have had 4 Tri-Glide's. 15 other 2 wheelers. I've had the DK Custom tour pack relocators on all of the trikes. I also install luggage racks on them. When I put them on the tour pack, I always put large fender washers on the inside. I know for a fact that I have overloaded them. I have never had any problem. Just saying.

Like others, I have traveled uncounted miles with my Tour Pak far over the rated 25 lbs and never had any issues...including all the way to the Arctic Circle and back, on some not so great "roads".

ToAnchorage5_zpsf23c792c.jpg

[video=youtube;7V1TFdG-hBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V1TFdG-hBY[/video]

We do use the Tour Pak Relocator that has a cross-member which gives the TP additional support And rigidity. You can see pics and details on it HERE.

Kevin

Lucky you, I drove mine 100 miles and it was 10 days old it cracked like humpty dumpty I found a good dealer who is standing up and replacing it.
I have had more than my share of Harley's over the years. I have had 4 Tri-Glide's. 15 other 2 wheelers. I've had the DK Custom tour pack relocators on all of the trikes. I also install luggage racks on them. When I put them on the tour pack, I always put large fender washers on the inside. I know for a fact that I have overloaded them. I have never had any problem. Just saying.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back