What do you know about touring seats?

Jul 24, 2013
Gilbert AZ
I have a 2013 Sportster trike (Lehman conversion) with what I would call a 'local ride' seat. I always ride by myself so I don't need a two-up seat, After about 100 miles my butt is numb. I'm not sure if it's the seat or the vibration from the trike. I would like to buy a nicer seat, maybe with a back rest, something I can sit on for 5/6 hours for longer rides.

Questions: What are some good seats that will fit my trike and what can I expect to pay? Thanks.

I have a 2013 Sportster trike (Lehman conversion) with what I would call a 'local ride' seat. I always ride by myself so I don't need a two-up seat, After about 100 miles my butt is numb. I'm not sure if it's the seat or the vibration from the trike. I would like to buy a nicer seat, maybe with a back rest, something I can sit on for 5/6 hours for longer rides.

Questions: What are some good seats that will fit my trike and what can I expect to pay? Thanks.

take your seat to a good seat shop and they can help you out..I know some one will chime in on who they have used.

After reading your initial post, I talked it over with my wife. Her advise is to get a Harley Road Zepplin seat for a TriGlide. Now that won't fit your sportster frame so you may have to get a TG to fit the seat. (just kidding) Years ago I owned a Sportster, there was no way in haties you could make that ride comfortable.

As others have stated, take a look at Mustang seats. I own a 2010 Sportster and my wife has a 2009 Sportster that is in the process of being converted to a trike. My current seat is a Mustang with a driver's backrest, and the backrest is a lifesaver if you have back problems. My wife tried a Corbin, but ended up getting rid of it and also going with a Mustang. C&C also make some nice seats for the Sportster, but they don't offer a driver backrest. Personally, I would stay away from the Harley seats (at least for the Sportsters), they tend to feel cushy at first, but the foam compresses down quickly and you end up riding on the seat pan... just not enough support. It also depends on your preference for the firmness... a Corbin will be really firm, while a Mustang or C&C with still be firm but less so than the Corbin.

Give Russell Cycle Products a call. Google them. They are located in Shasta Lake, CA. They can take your seat and craft something you can sit on all day long. I know this from personal experience!

Anything else at this point may be modifying a seat not meant for your trike.

At a bike show in Las Vegas last year, #1 Son took his seat to a vendor there that 're-contoured' the seat and added a gel insert. He took the leather cover off, did his magic, and put the cover back on. Son Steve says it is "FANTASTIC" May have to look up that vendor at next years rally.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back