What did you do to your Trike this week?

WOW, where did you get the VW parts for your trike?
Like the mud flaps and new exhaust. Plenty if light in the rear so the cages can see you at night.

Rosy

The screws that let you move the back rest vertically a couple different positions and the allen head bolt with lock nut to move the back rest forward and back are the only adjustments. By moving the rest to the rear you should be able to set back as far as OEM seat will allow.
That locknut was the culprit in my case, so I moved it to the allen head side of the bracket. All is well.

Great idea on the lights, never...never too many lights in the rear!
Fabulous on the backrest...We thought there was adjustments to make it fit your riding style..

Rosy

Good news on the Stallion that broke down in our Snowbird Gathering..thought it was mice, chewing on the wires..well..the cover for the fuse box was missing, from previous owner..water got in the fuses and shorted a fuse out..put electric grease on the fuses and made cover for the fuse box, till the new one comes in..all is good so far!

Rosy

Finally got around to seeing if the trike would fit on the M/C Trailer we last used to haul the two-wheeler around on. Purchased a set of loading ramps since it takes more than one (duh!) to load up, and hooked it up to the wife's Edge. Fortunately, it fits quite well and we'll soon take the RV out of storage for our first trip of the season. We pulled the Honda Phantom last year and hardly noticed it back there.
20150218_123749_zpsujogqa3i.jpg

fe33236b-3129-4efc-8ceb-2fa8023b91d5_zps35c5403f.jpg

Wow, that is a very nice looking rig! Sure nice when good things come together.
Let us know how it tows. I am sure you will not have a problem.
What brand of trailer is it? Or is it home made?

Rosy

Wow, that is a very nice looking rig! Sure nice when good things come together.
Let us know how it tows. I am sure you will not have a problem.
What brand of trailer is it? Or is it home made?

Rosy

Howdy, Rosy. Its a Kendon 3-rail trailer. Tows great; very stable loaded or unloaded...

That's wonderful, when a trailer tows so you don't know it is even there.
Mine isn't as fancy, but it will get my trike there! LOL & it tows like yours! :clapping:

Rosy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 152
That's wonderful, when a trailer tows so you don't know it is even there.
Mine isn't as fancy, but it will get my trike there! LOL & it tows like yours! :clapping:

Rosy

I like your truck and the color coordinated duo, Rosy!

Sure miss my ole pickup; the new F150 is mighty sweet but mighty pricey!

Boy, you got that correct. Mine is 1999 with 140,000 miles, slightly underpowered, but she still runs great and pulled all the way to Florida, and hopefully back to the frozen tundra when we get ready to leave.
Pricing a new F-150 Lariat with good towing equipment and you are looking at $50,000+. Come on 99, keep running sweetie!

Rosy

Truck prices are getting stupid, a friend of mine just got a new 14 king ranch F150 it cost 54K. This old retired guy won't be getting one anytime soon. I just hope my 02 avalanche still has several hundred thousand miles left in her. I hate truck payments!

You are correct, short hauling, your trailer is great. But, if you are hauling in salt states, you need an enclosed trailer. Way too much salt on the roads till we get a good spring rain to wash it away. Your trike would be white by the time you get anyplace from the spray.

Rosy

Rosy
* *I live in a salt state and you are so right. I try not to take the trike out until after the a good wash down rain. So far I have been able to hold out and not take it out in the salt. Cuts into my riding season a little, *but it's worth it.*

Rosy
* *I live in a salt state and you are so right. I try not to take the trike out until after the a good wash down rain. So far I have been able to hold out and not take it out in the salt. Cuts into my riding season a little, *but it's worth it.*
Im with you. First salting and shes parked until we've had a few good rains to wash down the streets.

Last spring had to have a new caliper put on my Hannigan trike. Now I have a red caliper and a new one, So, I will get some caliper paint and match the red one. Also paint the hub black to make it look purty! I know some trikers think this is foolish to make your trike look pretty, but it makes it mine.

Last winter's project was to hook my trunk door to the side cover display when open. Ran out of time finding the plug, rewiring the switch, and fitting the wires. Had some great help from fellow trikers in trying to figure out where the plug was for the hookup. Never found it under the seat, so I was advised it may be hiding under the upper trunk, or in the recess areas around the seat. So, with winter being so long, snowy, cold, and me just getting back from my "adventure" (that's another story) since December 8th, we are going to "try" and tackle these projects before spring.

Hope your "projects" go well for you.

Rosy

As far as I am concerned making your ride pretty is almost as important as making it safe and functional.So in that vein I am adding some safety chrome to the old 1500. I bought some chrome spoke covers from WingStuff for the front wheel. I will have to hurry and put these on as I have an event to ride in at my church this Saturday the 28th for the youth. It says it only takes 15 min to install.Well we shall see.original.pngoriginal (1).png
I'll post finished pictures later.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back