What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

It's raining today, so I'm going to leave the trike at home and drive the car to the big annual Northwest motorcycle show and sale at the Spokane fairgrounds. The wife and I did about 100 mile loop around Spokane yesterday, and then dropped by the local Harley shop and spent more of my children's inheritance on chrome!

Got some highway pegs so I can stretch my legs out once in a while when we're riding. If the rain keeps up, I'll spend the rest of the day in the workshop installing the pegs and the helmet mikes for the intercom.

This has been a busy and expensive winter. Back in November I put an color matched inner fairing along with Dakota Digital blue gauges. Thought I was done but then I realized I needed another Chrome fix. I have every piece of Chrome that Kuryakyn makes for the engine area so now I decided to move to other places. Yesterday I just unpacked some more chrome that Willy Shiny sent to me. I have the complete set of rims, Polished floating roters, polished axle spacers, baby moons for the rear wheels and the chrome upper and lower forks. It took about two hours to remove all my old stuff from my 14 trike. Now I'm taking the parts to my local HD dealer to have him change out the tires and swap out the fork components. Hopefully he will get this done by this weekend and I will put her back together. She looks funny sitting up on my J&S jack with no tires or forks.

This has been a busy and expensive winter. Back in November I put an color matched inner fairing along with Dakota Digital blue gauges. Thought I was done but then I realized I needed another Chrome fix. I have every piece of Chrome that Kuryakyn makes for the engine area so now I decided to move to other places. Yesterday I just unpacked some more chrome that Willy Shiny sent to me. I have the complete set of rims, Polished floating roters, polished axle spacers, baby moons for the rear wheels and the chrome upper and lower forks. It took about two hours to remove all my old stuff from my 14 trike. Now I'm taking the parts to my local HD dealer to have him change out the tires and swap out the fork components. Hopefully he will get this done by this weekend and I will put her back together. She looks funny sitting up on my J&S jack with no tires or forks.
Hi Mike,
Do you have an idea of how much your extras have cost? I did the same thing with my '11. It was fun but very expensive.;) I'm just getting started with my '15.

ride safe
Gary

I didn't work on the trike except check tire pressure. I did a 20 mile shake-down ride before heading out to Orlando; 419 miles one day. Should be good weather.:clapping:

Hi Mike,
Do you have an idea of how much your extras have cost? I did the same thing with my '11. It was fun but very expensive.;) I'm just getting started with my '15.

ride safe
Gary

Yeah I have a pretty good idea but I don't want to put it in writing because my wife might read this.

Another rainy day in North Idaho. I tried to install my new "Genuine Harley" highway pegs this morning and found I didn't have the right tools for the job. Had to go visit my local Ace Hardware store to find an allen wrench that would fit the big screws at the ends of the peg mounting kit. Who knew that Genuine Harley parts would need metric tools to install... :xzqxz:

Just got back from two weeks in Daytona, stayed across the road from the ocean. You would not believe the damn salt problems. Rusted tail pipe and gen tail pipe on my motorhome just as am example. I put new windshield wipers on before the trip and the "new" bolts and nuts are rusted to hell and back in just two weeks, chrome license plate trim ruined. Thank god I put the trike in the trailer every night. Will start today to wash everything top to bottom. Never again will I stay that close to the sea, we stay in Myrtle Beach five or six months a year but not that close and never a problem. The Daytona bike week was bigger than Myrtle Beach bike week but I like Myrtle Beach better.

So what did I do to my trike today...clean clean clean...

Another rainy day in North Idaho. I tried to install my new "Genuine Harley" highway pegs this morning and found I didn't have the right tools for the job. Had to go visit my local Ace Hardware store to find an allen wrench that would fit the big screws at the ends of the peg mounting kit. Who knew that Genuine Harley parts would need metric tools to install... :xzqxz:

You need three sets of tools ... ase, metric and torx ... part of the plan to keep you from working on it I think

Just got back from two weeks in Daytona, stayed across the road from the ocean. You would not believe the damn salt problems. Rusted tail pipe and gen tail pipe on my motorhome just as am example. I put new windshield wipers on before the trip and the "new" bolts and nuts are rusted to hell and back in just two weeks, chrome license plate trim ruined. Thank god I put the trike in the trailer every night. Will start today to wash everything top to bottom. Never again will I stay that close to the sea, we stay in Myrtle Beach five or six months a year but not that close and never a problem. The Daytona bike week was bigger than Myrtle Beach bike week but I like Myrtle Beach better.

So what did I do to my trike today...clean clean clean...

I often wondered about that salty sea air and what it does to toys. On our way to SW Florida we visited friends who were in a beach RV park in Destin for the month of February. I didn't say anything to my friends because they were committed to staying the whole month but I would have been concerned about the corrosive effect of the Gulf sea air. I think cars are protected better from a corrosion standpoint than toys are.

You need three sets of tools ... ase, metric and torx ... part of the plan to keep you from working on it I think

Yeah. The really aggravating thing about that is I've got about $10 grand worth of tools sitting in my garage from when I worked as an airline mechanic. I've even got a set of Whitworth tools for working on old British airplanes (and motorcycles), but nothing I had would fit the new Harley parts.

Maybe that's why I stopped working on airplanes and went to driving truck for the last 5 years. The only tools required are a brain and a set of keys, and I could do most of the work while sitting down.

I ran into that too and found it confusing. When my Bud with a Honda VTX would bring his bike over for us to tinker on, he would bring all his metric tools with him. Except for the ones we usually ended up needing. Got tired of messing with that so I bought a big pile of metric crap to have handy. Now when I tinker on my TG, if a tool does not fit just right, I try the metric,, and it often fits better. It is a head shaker that ya gotta have 3 times as many tools, and 2 separate tool boxes, laying around to work on a Harley.

Miss Mysterious gets new lights front and rear...Custom Dynamics front turn signals...Spoiler and Fascia with LED tail and stop...

Attachments

• Spoiler and Fascia.jpg
    Spoiler and Fascia.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Fascia Light.jpg
    Fascia Light.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Spoiler and Fascia Light.jpg
    Spoiler and Fascia Light.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 142
  • SG3.jpg
    SG3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 141
  • SG4.jpg
    SG4.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 141
Miss Mysterious gets new lights front and rear...Custom Dynamics front turn signals...Spoiler and Fascia with LED tail and stop...

Rick,

Have you had the chance to try the Custom dynamics at night? I bought them in Daytona and put them on with clear lenses but haven't tried them at night. How much do thye help with the LED darkspots? BTW I like your taste in Trikes...:D

- - - Updated - - -

Finished up with all the Willy Shiny Chrome. Fork lowers and uppers, wheel spacers, polished rotors and chrome wheels with rear baby moons.

View attachment 26007View attachment 26008
Another great looking trike...The baby moons rock. Good job Mike

Took the Kuryakyn hitch off ... I doubt I'll need the luggage carrier.

I also mounted my power vision on the left bar, not sure how long it will stay there, as my poor old eyes cAn barely see it ... although the sun was behind me and kind of washed it out ... I set the gages up to monitor engine temp and coolant temp. Went for about a 50 mile ride, when I could see the gages, mainly when the sun wasn't behind me, engine temp hung out at about 195-200 and coolant temp at 200 rock solid. Kinda like being able to glance an those parameters.

I also finally found a set of the Vance and Hines old style ovals circa 2002 on eBay .. they were only $200 shipped and from the pictures are in great shape for their age ... I had these on my 2007 and loved the sound and really got some good performance out of them. (103 kit, 255 cams, stage 1 AC .. I was pulling 104 hp and 109 ft lbms torq) so I'll be putting those on. I've been looking at eBay for two years for them, every time a set comes up they are either waaaay too much money or in crappy shape. These have a small ding about 3" from the inlet on the right pipe ... you'll never see it, but I'll know it's there ... LOL ... these are the ones that slash were the top is longer than the bottom ... should never drag.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back